Best Grand Theft Auto

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i think gta vice city may be my favourite game of all time.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I vote San Andreas, i loved the three city idea and there was just soo much shit to do. I put in hundreds of hours with that game. Gta V is great but i do wish they could have incorporated more cities, especially San Fierro since its contrast so well with Los Santos with it being dense, hilly and rainy. And it didnt have a jet pack.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
1. Vice City
2. III
3. V
4. Vice City Stories
5. Chinatown Wars
6. San Andreas
7. Liberty City Stories
8. 2
9. Advance
10. 1+ expansions

Fuck IV and its expansions. Garbage.

Vice City has the best story, the best voice cast (Ray Liotta, Gary Busey, Lee Majors, Danny Trejo, Tom Sizemore, Robert Davi, Luis Guzman, etc), best soundtrack. Best played on PC for full mouselook aiming.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yeah Vice City - it was cheesy as fuck, and had the best radio stations.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My favorite is III with VC literally right behind it. III was just super gritty and I played it for hours. I know VC is the better game but I dig III mostly for it being the first major one I played.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
V. One of my two favorite games, along with Bayonetta, and Trevor is probably my favorite video game character ever.

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
My favorite is III with VC literally right behind it. III was just super gritty and I played it for hours. I know VC is the better game but I dig III mostly for it being the first major one I played.

I rate III very highly as well, just behind Vice City. I felt they went too far down the 'grit' with 4, which made it more realistic but more boring.

I had an Xperia Play... just so I could play GTA 3 on the go using PS controls...

Edit - Rockstar North are based in Edinburgh and their games are littered with local references. One of my favorites is that the posh golf course in Vice City is called 'Leaf Links'. This is a reference to Leith Links in Edinburgh, a park notorious as a pick up point for street whores.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Vice city was great. They should do a remake.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My copy of Vice City was glitchy and would often freeze if things got too chaotic. It was an unpolished game that was pushed to make it before Christmas.

III for me. Only played those two anyway.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
You guys miss the 80 which is why Vice City is high on your list. We're all old farts. We all miss the 90 too.

I prefer GTA5 then Vice City

BTW, this is what plays in my head when I think of both Vice City games

Last edited:

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Call me old fashioned but GTA: London is my favorite. I would like a remake of that somehow over Vice City but obviously it is highly unlikely to happen.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Call me old fashioned but GTA: London is my favorite. I would like a remake of that somehow over Vice City but obviously it is highly unlikely to happen.

Come to think of it, the original GTA on PS1 was pretty cool for its time.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
As a game, GTAV no question. It's a masterclass in open world design and I crave more. I've pretty much exhausted V but still find little details that blow my mind. Take the music out of VC and nobodies playing that jank in 2018. Shout out to the hundreds of hours I put into GTA3 on a choppy Pentium III 500, such a dark and strange game of which I'd never experienced before.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I reckon Vice City for style but honestly 5 was the best GTA I have ever played.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
So, which one is the best ever made?
I haven't played V (or I and II), but out of the rest, I would say San Andreas. I liked the way they had three cities, and country towns as well. They really tried to make it a game world. After San Andreas, GTAIV is my next favorite.
III has the nostalgia value, as it's the first GTA game I played. I like the GTAIII radio station more than any other GTA game. III has a unique atmosphere that the other GTA games don't have.
I haven't played Vice City all that much. The gaudy colors put me off. And the actual gameplay wasn't much different from GTAIII- you still couldn't fly planes, or swim in water.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
IV is straight up horrible. It's a bad video game overall, not just a bad GTA.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
GTA V easily. I've fond memories of all the previous entries but in terms of controls and game mechanics, they're all unplayable now.