Sol Divide / Dragon Blaze PS2 WTF?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
So, I had never played Dragon Blaze before. I got it on Switch and liked it, but it's frustrating to play on the Switch controller. So I thought maybe I'd spend $50 on the PS2 version.

Nope.

That game is going for $200 to $350 on eBay. When and why did this game spike in value? Is there any other PS2 game you can think of that has such a high price tag? It's so strange - especially for a port of a non-Cave shooter.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
expensive because shmups.

also- you try the switch pro controller? or maybe a brook enabled stick?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I install freemcboot to ps2 memory cards for free. Just sayin.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
expensive because shmups.

also- you try the switch pro controller? or maybe a brook enabled stick?

True, but I mean, even Ibara is less expensive...

My friend has one and I really don't love the Pro controller. I didn't realize Brooks made a 360 > Switch adapter. I might grab that.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The biggest problem with Dragon Blaze on PS2 is that it only runs in 480i which looks like poo poo. Dragon Blaze is mostly expensive because it's one of the best Psikyo shooters. Sol Divide is a giant turd though.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The biggest problem with Dragon Blaze on PS2 is that it only runs in 480i which looks like poo poo. Dragon Blaze is mostly expensive because it's one of the best Psikyo shooters. Sol Divide is a giant turd though.

Ah, didn't know that. I'm still on a CRT though, so should be fine if I do end up snagging it.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
True, but I mean, even Ibara is less expensive...

My friend has one and I really don't love the Pro controller. I didn't realize Brooks made a 360 > Switch adapter. I might grab that.

the brook universal fighting board is switch compatible. so any stick with one inside will be switch ready.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Shmups gonna shmup. Dragon Blaze is cool though.

I think my most confusing Playstation 2 "why is this expensive" is Beatmania IIDX 16, considering the other mixes are still reasonable. I would pass on it today if I hadn't picked it up early on.

TWE

Zero's Secretary
I don't think the PS2 port is really worth $200+. I mean, if I paid that much, I'd feel ripped off. I remember buying it for $30-$40 back in the day and even that was a bit much. Sol Divide is junk and Dragon Blaze is good, but not spectacular. Not the best port quality on PS2 either.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The biggest problem with Dragon Blaze on PS2 is that it only runs in 480i which looks like poo poo.

I fully agree, but, providing time & effort, it can be forced to 480p via GSM. It's worth it, otherwise interlaced will destroy 90% of the PS2 library, if you refuse to emulate.