Finally Part of the Neo Geo Scene

whizkid989

n00b
Hey,

I am Rick! A long time retro gamers and finally acquired a NEO GEO AES and NEOSD.

I have been reading a ton of the forum as well as digging into Unibios and different CMVS setups.

I am also researching a good MVS -> AES Adapter for collecting purposes.

I am excited to see all the developments and try my hand at the 138 in 1 Dip Switch Mod.

Thanks Again for allowing me in the scene,
Rick

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
You have a neoSD. Get a unibios installed and play the games. Don't mess around with shitty converters or trash multis.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
You have a neoSD. Get a unibios installed and play the games. Don't mess around with shitty converters or trash multis.

This. If you want to collect, screw the converter. Get an actual CMVS, an MVS cab, and/or a Neo CD to collect for.

But you should absolutely get a UNIBIOS and put that NeoSD to work, regardless.

whizkid989

n00b
Thanks! Probably saved me a lot of time!

Also, do members do the unibios install as a service or how do you recommend. I am ok with soldering but would need some practice before feeling confident on the AES.

The new Unibios 4.0 looks awesome. Just seeing if you knew a member in the US. Or is there a place to post in forum that would help. Maybe in the NEO Wanted? I tried the search but didn't have much luck.

Thanks for all the help.

Rick

whizkid989

n00b
Got the Unibios 4.0 Installed! Killer! Thanks everyone! Metal Slug X Blood and Glory. Infinite ammo fun!

whizkid989

n00b
Nice one, Rick!

Ya, I am super excited! I did the 2032 Battery Replacement Mod last night via the Jamma Nation Tutorials. Leveling up my soldering skills for sure.

Worked like a charm! Learning a lot!

I am not sure what else I should do next, other than some Metal Slug X destruction..lol.

Rick

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Wait. So you have an AES and a Neo SD for it, and to get access to a unibios you bought a mv1c?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Wait. So you have an AES and a Neo SD for it, and to get access to a unibios you bought a mv1c?

Yup!

That's what the Neo scene is now - people that have money to burn, zero patience, and even less sense.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster

Why didn't he just then get a mvs Neo SD in the first place? Or install a unibios in his AES? Seems like a waste of time and money to me.

whizkid989

n00b
I know it seemed silly however I got the AES boxed with a NeoSD super cheap on Facebook Marketplace. Since I soon discovered collecting for the AES was out of my price range and that I couldn't do the Unibios Mod myself, I sold the AES with NeoSD and got a CMVS and installed the Unibios myself. I will most likely get the NEOSd Pro when it is out. I also picked up Metal Slug to tied me over for MVS.

I do appreciate the guidance. I however want to collect the games I play the most.

Rick