CMVS Audio / Video Out

aldo0109

n00b
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. Had a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm currently consolizing an MV1C (my first effort) and I'm pretty straight on the way to go, until it comes to wiring up my audio/video output.

I'm in the UK, so only really need to go for RGB scart which I'm going to do through 8 pin Din connection to use the original AES scart cable pin out.

Only problem is, unless I make up a custom scart cable (which I don't fancy doing) I've only got the mono option through the original pin out.

Would it be an option to wire video only through the Din socket and use the L+R audio leads (taken off the stereo mod) to run a separate 3.5mm headphone socket alongside it for my stereo output?

It may sound a bit weird to go that way but retrogamingcables make up an RGB stereo scart with the audio broken out that way, so it would make life easier.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't walking into more trouble than I started with!

Thanks in advance.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wired my MV-1C to output audio left on the composite pin of an AES style DIN jack. However, I've never bothered to have a custom cable made for it. I just use a separate headphone jack for audio instead.

Someday I'll get a stereo RGB cable for it.

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Only problem is, unless I make up a custom scart cable (which I don't fancy doing) I've only got the mono option through the original pin out.

Would it be an option to wire video only through the Din socket and use the L+R audio leads (taken off the stereo mod) to run a separate 3.5mm headphone socket alongside it for my stereo output?

It may sound a bit weird to go that way but retrogamingcables make up an RGB stereo scart with the audio broken out that way, so it would make life easier.

I've done this with the retrogamingcables AES stereo cable (https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/neo-geo/aes/snk-neo-geo-aes-rgb-scart-cable-stereo-sound) which I think is the same one you are talking about, and it worked fine. Planning on doing the same thing with my second CMVS.

aldo0109

n00b
I've done this with the retrogamingcables AES stereo cable (https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/neo-geo/aes/snk-neo-geo-aes-rgb-scart-cable-stereo-sound) which I think is the same one you are talking about, and it worked fine. Planning on doing the same thing with my second CMVS.

Yeah, thats the one!

Thanks for the replies. Thats the way I'll go then. It's a nightmare trying to find any panel mount connectors which match any pre existing, stereo, rgb cables.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Retrogamingcables can make you a custom one. Just ask.