NVS4000 PSU for NAC

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Curious as to why you are using this PSU, you plan on running Naomi stuffs? Or just CPS2?

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Curious as to why you are using this PSU, you plan on running Naomi stuffs? Or just CPS2?

Yes since i cant get my hands on a JVS compliant cabinet right now, this is a far more practical option for me than running my Janky power supply setup I have now and then later modding in a stereo amp to play Naomi or other JVS systems down the line

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Okay i got it wired, theres a bit of buzz on the audio and if you CRANK the audio to max you can hear the music fine a bit quite but its got some feed back.

Im assuming ill need to recap that.

I have the audio jumper plugged into Audio Out. If you plug it into Audio IN theres no audio.

I know you guys mentioned you recapped the audio boards, do you still have any part numbers laying around like digikey numbers?

Thanks

Last edited:

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Thanks, which reminds me i need to buy the cap kit for my monitor chassis on there too :P

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Okay so today I hooked up the Naomi after testing the voltages to the new NVS4000 power supply and guess what amplified audio is fine no feedback so what gives? Why would i be getting a hum/static/quite volume when im passing mono jamma amplified audio from standard PCB's?