What is your favorite Puzzle Bobble?

What is your favorite Puzzle Bobble?

• Total voters

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I know it’s been done to death but it hasn’t been done in a while and I would like to see if it has changed in any way.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Puzzle Bobble 2/Bust A Move Again all the way. PB2 has the choice of level progression in single player mode, plus the stages are more cleverly designed..Plus better background graphics than 1. Bub and Bob sprites are a bit more animated as well.

Basically 2 improves on 1 in every way.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's all just coloured bubbles to me, bit of a poofta's game.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't actually have Puzzle Bobble 2, so I haven't spent a great deal of time with it. I do enjoy the first one on Neo CD quite a bit, and I've sunk a lot of time into the NGPC game as well.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I played the first one in a movie theater. It's immensely fun, but I prefer the NGPC version. I should give PB2 a try

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
they're all the same to me, but still great.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I like the second one and a lot of the newer installments.

The first one always annoyed me. Always the same looping audio track and voices. No extra game modes.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Bubble Bobble.

Spoiler:
ipwykaV.gif

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Am I the only one who finds the backgrounds in 2 to be distracting to the gameplay?

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Most hate the pulley system.

^ Bingo. I strongly dislike the pulley system. I also can't think of anything that PB4 does better than 3. I think the art and music are both better in 3. The fight intros in story mode are fucking awesome. Speaking of which, I finally got a reasonably priced copy of 3 and it arrived today:

JCXdsZv.jpg

(previously played the N64 port a lot)

PB1 - I'm most nostalgic of this one. I also enjoy the simplicity of the single-player. The music in VS mode is so bad that it's basically unplayable though.

PB2 - I don't like the art direction Taito went with this one, but it's otherwise the superior to the 1st game in basically every way.

Ugh, can't say which is my favorite...

Last edited:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Am I the only one who finds the backgrounds in 2 to be distracting to the gameplay?

Me too, I actually prefer 1 for playing VS because of the cleaner graphics. It's one of the games which never leaves my cab.
2 has more content for single player though...

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I really like the original, but I have fond memories of the 99 one on PS1. And the one on NGPC was perfect on the go.