Also cool fucking haircut.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
holy shit what the fuck WHY this makes me ANGRY

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Man, I haven't watched the original ThunderCats since it first aired but the opening is still fucking great.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i dont even give that much of a fuck about thundercats (its before my time and i thought it was weird when i was little) but it pisses me off to see that fucking stupid CalArts Steven Universe bullshit animation yet again

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I really wish Silverhawks would get a remake.

Silverhawks definitely needs a reboot...but not this Thundercats style. 2011 Thundercats style.

i dont even give that much of a fuck about thundercats (its before my time and i thought it was weird when i was little) but it pisses me off to see that fucking stupid CalArts Steven Universe bullshit animation yet again

It's what they think all the kiddies want to see because of SU. I just see it as being campy as shit, though.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The 2011 remake was fine which should have had a longer run to begin with.So they remake it again and turn it into a comedy wtf !? Typical cartoon network that's all they do now are comedies,play it safe and don't make a action cartoon.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The dood in the video doesnt look like he has many original ideas. I have no idea who he is, but this show is a terrible idea.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
This isn't funny they have gone too far. Why would they do this, why. Is there any recourse we can take to get the plug pulled on this. The first remake was gibberish but this new Thundercats remake using the retarded teen titan go format is insanity, I mean teen titan go is hated with a passion so why use that formula with Thundercats.

The only remake done right was the He-man one.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Gross, I wanted to punch everyone in that conference room. Wouldn't even let that cockholster into my house with that fucking hair.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
"Now"? I thought we were all pretty aware that the Thundercats have always been stupid, just like all the other shows from that period that were designed to sell toys. Of course they were also awesome, but still very stupid.

And really, I can understand the thought process behind this decision, the last time they tried to bring the show back nobody watched it and it died a quiet death after only one season. Then Teen Titans Go is one of the biggest ratings successes for them and has a similar concept, so it probably seems like a win/win for them, get people in with the brand recognition, churn out a couple dozen episodes that are cheap as shit to produce and then just watch the money roll in. I'm honestly surprised they haven't tried something like this earlier seeing as Nickelodeon has been stripmining old franchises and weaponizing nostalgia at least since they made that CG Ninja Turtles show.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The only thing that holds up from the original is the absolute badass intro...I would never waste my time by watching an episode now.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The only thing that holds up from the original is the absolute badass intro...I would never waste my time by watching an episode now.

This is 110% correct. Alot of these 80s shows had an amazing intro, often not animated by the same company that did the actual show. Ghostbusters, Transformers and GI Joe are other great examples of this

The other thing I would like to point out is that these new cartoons are not being made for 40 year old men, they're being made for children. Often times they will put in references to older versions of a series in the current ones, so the parents watching the show with their kids has something to relate to. That being said, you are not and will never be their target demographic.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm keeping an open mind. There have been many times over the years, when I thought Cartoon Network creations looked like shit (I.e, Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.), but then, when I actually sat down and watched some episodes, I enjoyed them. This new ThunderCats is different, but it may also be good.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Speaking of, is Adventure Time and Regular Show still good? Haven't kept up with in years. Both of their first seasons were absolute gold.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Regular show ended. And it was pretty good throughout. Adventure Time gets really good story-wise, but the last few seasons have had a lot of filler episodes.

The other thing I would like to point out is that these new cartoons are not being made for 40 year old men-

That being said, you are not and will never be their target demographic.

Solid point. But I was 10 when the original Thundercats was on TV, along with He-Man, GIJOE, and Transformers.

Thundercats was a kids show, yes. But it was also pretty dark. The reboot Cats show was great too, but it got canned like Young Justice because no toys sold.

Either way, they could put at least SOME work into a new Thundercats show, and not copy/paste everything from current horribly animated shows.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
We live in a post adult swim era, there is no need for this crap

I dislike Steven Universe and all that stuff very, very much

Edit: this looks like a Dave the Barbarian rip off (which was fucking rad back in the day)

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Regular show ended. And it was pretty good throughout. Adventure Time gets really good story-wise, but the last few seasons have had a lot of filler episodes.

Solid point. But I was 10 when the original Thundercats was on TV, along with He-Man, GIJOE, and Transformers.

Thundercats was a kids show, yes. But it was also pretty dark. The reboot Cats show was great too, but it got canned like Young Justice because no toys sold.

Either way, they could put at least SOME work into a new Thundercats show, and not copy/paste everything from current horribly animated shows.

So Young Justice really showcases the whole issue with cartoons these days. Sure even back in the day they were made to make money, either as a toy commercial or something to be a vehicle for advertising other goods to children, so that part hasn't really changed. The expectations have though as we live in an age where making money isn't good enough, you have to make all the money possible and anything less is unacceptable.

Young Justice was really doing well in the ratings, but the demographic was off from what was wanted so It got canned. The show wasn't selling enough toys and high percentage of it's viewer base being females (who it seems don't buy action figures) so it got axed, while still being popular. Rather than continue to make money on the advertising space they were selling, they dropped the show.

It makes me wonder with this new Thundercrap what market they are trying to target, and as I can't imagine toys being the priority for the show to exist, it has to be advertising, and the question becomes, what are they trying to sell to who.