Introducing Davlar: my first Home Cart System is arriving

davlar

n00b
Hello everybody,

Davlar 37 year old.
I was a video game addict during my chilhood, I stopped playing videogames at
middle School to play the music (guitar, drums, bass, in rock and metal bands) instead.
SLAYYYYEEERRRRR!!!!!!! took my soul

So I've played the nintendo NES mainly, and a bit on super NES (street fighter 2), bought with my pocket money in german import at low price (I still have the box).
Neo Geo started to arrive in France (distribution was weared, because of the fucking 50Hz stuff in Europe, and unit was fu***ing expensive). No one on my neighbourhood owned the Neo Geo AES. My friends and I were drooling in front of magazines, seeing the amazing sprites in black and white in the adds of Paris shops only (it was very confidential imported units), and some color pictures in video games magazines (test ans review of neo geo games).
My first Neo Geo memory is windjammer in arcade room, and later (around 96/98) Soccer brawl, metal slug 1 and killer instinct (ok it's not neo geo) during holidays in the south of france.

I only return to the video games in 2012, thanks to the Tommo's NeoGeoX handheld (yes you can spit on my profile), it was a way for me to own this obscur system I dreamed on years ago THE NEO GEO AES!!!

Until this date, I improved my skill, and my culture on arcade systems, and video game unit I never heard before and during my childhool, like the turbo graphics 16.
From this period I buy:
- neo geo MVS MV1A with supergun
- 2 Megadrives 1 (genesis)
- 1 super famicom to play in 60Hz, you don't know your luck in the US to play games at the original frame rate:very_ang:!
- 1 PS2 to play Fist Of the North Star (Hokuto no ken fighting) only. I dream on buying an atomisware with FOTNS!!!!
- 1 AES rev 3.6 (jap) with RGB mod which is under shipping right now, I'll have it begining of the next week, I'm so exited!!!!! my first neogeo AES!!

I'm happy to register to this forum, I already read posts during my research during the last 5 years, now I'm a big man, I'M BECOMING an AES owner!!!!

French forum are very cool, with full set collections and so on, but I want to understand how the neogeo was spread in the other side of the atlantic see.

My favorite neo geo games are
- Real Bout fatal fury special
- windjammers
- shock troopers 1
- sangoku 3
- Robo army
- last blade series is very cool too.

I'm still discovering hundred of games, on several systems, like the Genesis which was out of my life until the 2 last past years.
I'm a noob, but I cure myself:buttrock:

I love beat them up but more on capcom systems (cadillac and dinosaurs, battle circuit, the punisher, alien vs predator...)

And I specialy love the fatal fury series on Neo Geo.

I have a 161 in 1 cartrige in my MV1A slot with unibios 3.3.

And I live in France, near Rennes, the Stunfest town/, and Metal Hard core capital in france during more than 2 decades!

I don't like 3D games, and CD based systems, I hate waiting loading times, I don't know why but it's a true torture for me!

I'm sorry if I speak english like a 5 year old kid, I'll do my best!

See you on the forum!

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Neo Geo started to arrive in France (distribution was weared, because of the fucking 50Hz stuff in Europe, and unit was fu***ing expensive). No one on my neighbourhood owned the Neo Geo AES. My friends and I were drooling in front of magazines, seeing the amazing sprites in black and white in the adds of Paris shops only (it was very confidential imported units), and some color pictures in video games magazines (test ans review of neo geo games).
jesus, are you talking about France circa 1991 or fucking Warsaw circa 1981?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I went ahead and fixed your introduction post for you:

Hello everybody,

Davlar 37 year old.
I was a video game addict during my chilhood, I stopped playing videogames at
middle School to play the music (guitar, drums, bass, in rock and metal bands) instead.
SLAYYYYEEERRRRR!!!!!!! took my soul

So I've played the nintendo NES mainly, and a bit on super NES (street fighter 2), bought with my pocket money in german import at low price (I still have the box).

Spring 1944. Splendid news from the Russian Front. There could no longer be any doubt: Germany would be defeated. It was only a matter of time, months or weeks, perhaps. The trees were in bloom. It was a year like so many others, with its spring, its engagements, its weddings, and its births. The people were saying, "The Red Army is advancing with giant strides…Hitler will not be able to harm us, even if he wants to… "

Yes, we even doubted his resolve to exterminate us.

Annihilate an entire people? Wipe out a population dispersed throughout so many nations? So many millions of people! By what means? In the middle of the twentieth century! And thus my elders concerned themselves with all manner of things—strategy, diplomacy, politics, and Zionism—but not with their own fate.

Even Moishe the Beadle had fallen silent. He was weary of talking. He would drift through synagogue or through the streets, hunched over, eyes cast down, avoiding people's gaze. In those days it was still possible to buy emigration certificates to Palestine. I had asked my father to sell everything, to liquidate everything, and to leave.
"I am too old, my son," he answered. "Too old to start a new life. Too old to start from scratch in some distant land … "

Budapest radio announced that the Fascist party had seized power. The regent Miklós Horthy was forced to ask a leader of the pro-Nazi Nyilas party to form a new government. Yet we still were not worried. Of course we had heard of the Fascists, but it was all in the abstract. It meant nothing more to us than a change of ministry.

The next day brought really disquieting news: German troops had penetrated Hungarian territory with the government's approval. Finally, people began to worry in earnest. One of my friends, Moishe Chaim Berkowitz, returned from the capital for Passover and told us, "The Jews of Budapest live in an atmosphere of fear and terror. Anti-Semitic acts take place every day, in the streets, on the trains. The Fascists attack Jewish stores, synagogues. The situation is becoming very s e r i o u s …" The news spread through Sighet like wildfire. Soon that was all people talked about. But not for long. Optimism soon revived: The Germans will not come this far. They will stay in Budapest. For strategic reasons, for political reasons … In less than three days, German Army vehicles made their appearance on our streets. ANGUISH. German soldiers—with their steel helmets and their death's-head emblem. Still, our first impressions of the Germans were rather reassuring. The officers were billeted in private homes, even in Jewish homes. Their attitude toward their hosts was distant but polite. They never demanded the impossible, made no offensive remarks, and sometimes even smiled at the lady of the house. A German officer lodged in the Kahns' house across the street from us. We were told he was a charming man, calm, likable, and polite. Three days after he moved in, he brought Mrs. Kahn a box of chocolates. The optimists were jubilant: "Well? What did we tell you? You wouldn't believe us. There they are, your Germans. What do you say now? Where is their famous cruelty?" The Germans were already in our town, the Fascists were already in power, the verdict was already out—and the Jews of Sighet were still smiling.
The weather was sublime. My mother was busy in the kitchen. The synagogues were no longer open. People gathered in private homes: no need to provoke the Germans. Almost every rabbi's home became a house of prayer. We drank, we ate, we sang. The Bible commands us to rejoice during the eight days of celebration, but our hearts were not in it. We wished the holiday would end so as not to have to pretend. On the seventh day of Passover, the curtain finally rose: the Germans arrested the leaders of the Jewish community. From that moment on, everything happened very quickly.

The race toward death had begun.

First edict: Jews were prohibited from leaving their residences for three days, under penalty of death. Moishe the Beadle came running to our house. "I warned you," he shouted. And left without waiting for a response. The same day, the Hungarian police burst into every Jewish home in town: a Jew was henceforth forbidden to own gold, jewelry, or any valuables. Everything had to be handed over to the authorities, under penalty of death. My father went down to the cellar and buried our savings. As for my mother, she went on tending to the many chores in the house. Sometimes she would stop and gaze at us in silence. Three days later, a new decree: every Jew had to wear the yellow star. Some prominent members of the community came to consult with my father, who had connections at the upper levels of the Hungarian police; they wanted to know what he thought of the situation. My father's view was that it was not all bleak, or perhaps he just did not want to discourage the others, to throw salt on their wounds: "The yellow star? So what? It's not lethal …"
(Poor Father! Of what then did you die?)
But new edicts were already being issued. We no longer had the right to frequent restaurants or cafes, to travel by rail, to attend synagogue, to be on the streets after six o'clock in the evening.

Then came the ghettos.

davlar

n00b
Damned, your so active! thanks buddy! There's no limit on this forum, awesome! I'll reply later, amazing!

davlar

n00b
No limit on dark jokes, and Elie Wiesel citation :snack:. I'm glad to be accepted so fast with honor! thanks!

I've even not been able to avoid typos in my introduction title...what a pitiful introduction.. thanks for your leniency!

davlar

n00b
Thanks WoodyXP!
Language barrier again. Does "Bigtymer" means beaver or dickhead?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Language barrier again. Does "Bigtymer" means beaver or dickhead?

If you are one, you can be either the latter or both at the same time, but never the former. If you are none, you can only be the former, which also means you're an accidental tourist here.

davlar

n00b
Hi, thanks for the advice, I'll study more my next trip to avoid missing the best. I have many things to read about the US market history, thanks for the springboard!

Last edited: