Retro Game Designer (OrionSoft): without programming

davlar

n00b
Hello,
I'm new on the forum, and I start with advices, excuse my french!

The French developper of indy games on several retro systems (Dreamcast,genesis, gameboy, jaguar, and more..) is launching his Kickstarter campain :

Retro Game Designer:
Retro Game Designer is a software tool for creating video games for Megadrive,Genesis,Dreamcast,PS1,Jaguar & more, without programming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orionsoft/retro-game-designer

Orion, the developper, is well known for his games ((Escape 2042 - the truth defenders, Alice's mom's rescue, Zia, ... http://onorisoft.free.fr/).

Campain will expire on June, the 30th.

Retro Game Designer:

Alice's mom's rescue:

PS: I'm french...:lol:

Last edited:

MC708

n00b
Oh wow! Hope this takes off, would definitely be cool to have more easy-to-use homebrew tools. Best of luck!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
GameMaker for consoles.

I wont be donating, but im interested.

Always wished there was a Dezaemon for the Genesis.

davlar

n00b
The developper usualy respect the annoucend release delay, even early, he's a man that can be trust, comparing to all the retro-games project delayed for several month or years.

Some of his games can be found on play asia, or joshprod, and he did it alone.

Note that "Retro Game Designer" allows to regerate roms of your own homebrew games, without beeing developper (click, drop, select and move items, if I clearly understand). Videos are subtitled in english, enjoy!

I have "Escape 2042 - the truth defenders" for gameboy and genesis (megadrive) and the game play is awsome on both system.

The only missing things is a marketing guy with him. He's very professionnal and develops awesome games and tools, I'm happy to make the announce.

And I just buy my first AES unit, so I register on the forum. I already followed neo-geo.com forum during the crack period of the neogeoX :), several years ago :)

GameMaker for consoles.

I wont be donating, but im interested.

Always wished there was a Dezaemon for the Genesis.

Yes it's like Dezaemon, you can generate shmups (YOKO and TATE if I'm not mistaken), but also plateformers, RPGs.... for Genesis, Dreamcast, ..... and jaguar!!!!!!! WTF !!!!

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
these games/interfaces are intellectual prisons-- you sell your soulgame to a GUI that guarantees no one wants to play your shitty game (and thus, nor your idea) with limitations you were too short-sighted to program around.

can anyone think of a game built, finished, and released with RPG Maker that you'd rather play instead of the available alternatives created by programmers and game studios?

poutine

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
can anyone think of a game built, finished, and released with RPG Maker that you'd rather play instead of the available alternatives created by programmers and game studios?

To be fair, if your just wanting to make a game where people eat shit, worship satan and fornicate with lifestock but don’t care about the sales factor, could it be that bad?

davlar

n00b

yes it happens... of course.
This is better than RPG maker, you can release plateformers and shmups !!! your own ones! (or your step-sister one... oncle... friends) :)

You can organize competition of the most shitty plateformers ever during a sleepover. without programming.

Last edited:

poutine

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Okay davlar we get it - you work for this company and are promoting the product on forums full of old farts who are into retro consoles.

Unless you can prove a game like I specified in my post above can be made with your IDE, it’s a pass from me thank you.

davlar

n00b
I'm not interrested in too, but I felt on a video some weeks ago about Dezaemon on Sega Saturn, and the concept is awesome. The guy on the video is working since several years on his game:

I'm glad to see the Genesis and dreamcast promoted, homebrew scene is active (retroguru, kickstarter projects...), more people can make games, more games are available for our systems :).

I follow Orion on other forums for he's games. This time it's a tool. I don't want to get the tears flowing, but if he succeed the campain.

I'm rather oriented by Paprium (water melon) or Xeno Crisis (https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d?lang=fr).

Why Nintendo systems are exploding the scene (NES maker campain was a huge success, 2 553 bakers ), and Genesis and Dreamcast are staying in the dark... again. Damned.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
To be fair, if your just wanting to make a game where people eat shit, worship satan and fornicate with lifestock but don’t care about the sales factor, could it be that bad?

yeah but playing games like this is like... like telling your kids that you're gonna have fried chicken for dinner, and you bring home chicken mcnuggets from mcdonalds. yes, its chicken, and yes it has some semblance of being fried, but thats not the problem. its that its so weak of a chicken option for a meal that its a joke. you didn't even go to KFC, or some other shitty fried chicken place that isn't quite good but is definitely fried chicken-- you got the cheapest, worst shit.

nobody is going to want to put any game made with this onto a cartridge for a Sega system. and if they do its gonna be even more fundraisers. fundraisers to justify the work, fundraiser to box and print 100 throwback carts in shockboxes and sell for $70 a pop to shelf queens, just for another Unholy Night scenario (which was actually programmed by seasoned game devs apparently) but BARELY even as good as that, if at all. Speaking of, do you ever play MUGEN fighters? I didn't think so.

TLDR: Games worth playing are programmed and meticulously developed by people who know what they're doing for a reason.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
its that its so weak of a chicken option for a meal that its a joke. you didn't even go to KFC, or some other shitty fried chicken place that isn't quite good but is definitely fried chicken-- you got the cheapest, worst shit.

I don't care that you take endless pictures of yourself.

I don't mind that you listen to awful hardcore music

But don't you ever--EVER--talk shit about MY KFC or MY MCDONALDS, or else we're gonna dance, bitch.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
hold on a second i do not listen to awful hardcore music what does that even mean

what is hardcore music

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
BITCH theres always a better place to get chicken especially versus Mcdonalds. I'll accept your love for KFC. Me, I like Crown's fried chicken. but McD's chicken nuggets are the MOST BORING and least chicken-like things of its sort. Get the 12 piece at Chick-Fil-A instead.