Thread: Retro Game Designer (OrionSoft): without programming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bashful Neophyte

Retro Game Designer (OrionSoft): without programming

Hello,
    I'm new on the forum, and I start with advices, excuse my french!

The French developper of indy games on several retro systems (Dreamcast,genesis, gameboy, jaguar, and more..) is launching his Kickstarter campain :

Retro Game Designer:
    Retro Game Designer is a software tool for creating video games for Megadrive,Genesis,Dreamcast,PS1,Jaguar & more, without programming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-game-designer

Orion, the developper, is well known for his games ((Escape 2042 - the truth defenders, Alice's mom's rescue, Zia, ... http://onorisoft.free.fr/).

Campain will expire on June, the 30th.

Retro Game Designer:

Alice's mom's rescue:

PS: I'm french...
    Last edited by davlar; 05-18-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Bashful Neophyte

Oh wow! Hope this takes off, would definitely be cool to have more easy-to-use homebrew tools. Best of luck!

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

GameMaker for consoles.

I wont be donating, but im interested.

Always wished there was a Dezaemon for the Genesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

Bashful Neophyte

The developper usualy respect the annoucend release delay, even early, he's a man that can be trust, comparing to all the retro-games project delayed for several month or years.

Some of his games can be found on play asia, or joshprod, and he did it alone.

Note that "Retro Game Designer" allows to regerate roms of your own homebrew games, without beeing developper (click, drop, select and move items, if I clearly understand). Videos are subtitled in english, enjoy!

I have "Escape 2042 - the truth defenders" for gameboy and genesis (megadrive) and the game play is awsome on both system.

The only missing things is a marketing guy with him. He's very professionnal and develops awesome games and tools, I'm happy to make the announce.

And I just buy my first AES unit, so I register on the forum. I already followed neo-geo.com forum during the crack period of the neogeoX , several years ago

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    GameMaker for consoles.

I wont be donating, but im interested.

Always wished there was a Dezaemon for the Genesis.
    Yes it's like Dezaemon, you can generate shmups (YOKO and TATE if I'm not mistaken), but also plateformers, RPGs.... for Genesis, Dreamcast, ..... and jaguar!!!!!!! WTF !!!!
    Last edited by davlar; 05-18-2018 at 04:58 PM.

NG.COM TEMPTRESS

these games/interfaces are intellectual prisons-- you sell your soulgame to a GUI that guarantees no one wants to play your shitty game (and thus, nor your idea) with limitations you were too short-sighted to program around.

can anyone think of a game built, finished, and released with RPG Maker that you'd rather play instead of the available alternatives created by programmers and game studios?
    i am sylvie i am up to no good

Scottish And Proud.
    We All Have Our
    Burdens To Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post

can anyone think of a game built, finished, and released with RPG Maker that you'd rather play instead of the available alternatives created by programmers and game studios?
    To be fair, if your just wanting to make a game where people eat shit, worship satan and fornicate with lifestock but don’t care about the sales factor, could it be that bad?
    Come join us in West Korea

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post

yes it happens... of course.
    This is better than RPG maker, you can release plateformers and shmups !!! your own ones! (or your step-sister one... oncle... friends)

You can organize competition of the most shitty plateformers ever during a sleepover. without programming.
    Last edited by davlar; 05-18-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Thread Information