What's the best city you've ever lived in or visited?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I loved Sydney
I also love New York, so my judgement may be off.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Antwerp was best. Rotterdam was extremely cold and sober, which I liked, too. Liège had a rotten atmosphere, very distinct. In Bruges time stood still.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
in the uk, york was the best city i lived in. hull is also a pretty sweet city, but the people are bottom of the barrel.

york is quite a middle class town. very pleasant and has almost a village feel to it.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Park City, Utah

Most places I go are kinda boring or I can relate it to another place I've been. That area was pretty cool.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
For America, I like Las Vegas. I"ve been to Miami as well.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
If I was wealthy and could live in any city in the world, top 2 choices are London and San Francisco (with preference to London). If I were going to live in the SF area then I'd probably want to buy a house in Marin Co. rather than in the city itself. Same probably goes for London, as I'd rather live a handful of train stops away, in the burbs. As far as the rest of the US goes, I don't care for the east coast vibe, Chicago is awesome but I'm too much of a pussy for the weather, and the rest of the country mostly sucks. Honorable mentions to basically anywhere in Ireland and to Bavaria (although I don't think I want to live somewhere where English is not the primary language.)

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I live about 40 miles west of Chicago.

I love the town but would never want to live any closer to it. As I've gotten older, I have less use for it outside of new places to eat and the sports. The pace of the area in general is at a point where I really can't envision living around it much longer. I was born and raised in the sticks of Illinois. I spent my childhood and teenage years longing to live in civilization. Now I crave the tranquility of rural life.

The wife and I have visited Savannah, GA multiple times and love it. We talk about buying a 2nd house down there once the kids get older.

Boston is a great town. If you're used to Chicago. I would say its attitude is much the same. Traveling around it is easy since the train goes on an inner circle all around it.

Colorado in general is beautiful. My sister used to live in Colorado Springs years ago and I visited her a few times. I could live there as well if family and friends weren't an issue.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
If I could choose where to live, by far I would choose Switzerland.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If I could choose where to live, by far I would choose Switzerland.

That's unusual, mind to tell why and, most notably, which part you'd choose? The country's very diverse with an excellent, Calvinist-soaked architecture, that's alienating and fascinating at the same time.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Lived in Chicago for 23 years, still the best place I've lived in.

Travelled to Thailand very often to see family and I loved it there. Food was just great and felt like you can eat all day long.
Been to China (Beijing, Dezhou, Jinan and Xian) and I loved Dezhou and Jinan the most (wife's hometown area). I got sick in Xian so I couldn't do much there. I would say Beijing has a lot of history to offer but the horrible news that came out of Beijing last year (displacing migrants and all that) has really put me and the wife off about the place.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
That's unusual, mind to tell why and, most notably, which part you'd choose? The country's very diverse with an excellent, Calvinist-soaked architecture, that's alienating and fascinating at the same time.

I would like to live in Lausanne, been there once and loved it. It was such a beautiful place to be in. Also the Movenpick ice cream.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Then why does your location say "Chicago"? Another weak ass buster pretending he lives in the city.

Is it one of those situations where you can just put the main city on your mailing address and still get your mail? I think anywhere in this county you can put your city as Buffalo and it will be delivered.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Dingle, Ireland.

Funny name aside, it's a beautiful little village on the water in the ring of Kerry. If I could work from home and qualify to own property in Ireland, I'd buy a little 1000 sq. ft. place by the water, work during the day, walk to the pub every night, tell the world to go fuck itself and die happy.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i think every german city i was in was so clean and void of any antisocial behaviour. but this was like twenty years ago.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I would say Beijing has a lot of history to offer but the horrible news that came out of Beijing last year (displacing migrants and all that) has really put me and the wife off about the place.

Migrants in Beijing might as well be foreigners. Little to no rights. I'm sure your wife has told you about the hukou system.

The money is flowing and a middle class is here but every once in a while you remember this is the same government that massacred students and never apologized, much less acknowledge the event.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've been all over the states, new zealand, Tokyo and Ho Chi Minh City and so far my beloved Melbourne would be the only place I'd live.

Maybe Tokyo if I had a lot of money.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I've been all over the states, new zealand, Tokyo and Ho Chi Minh City and so far my beloved Melbourne would be the only place I'd live.

Maybe Tokyo if I had a lot of money.

No you wouldn't.