Best Monster Hunter and Harvest Moon Style Style Games?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Never played a game from either of these genres.

Looking for some recommendations from some people here, since we generally have the same tastes in games.

I've eye'd Gods Eater Burst in the past, and I see there are a few possible Hunter clones on Vita. Like maybe Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, and Toukiden.

I'm completely lost in the Harvest Moon Style games though. There are just so many. The ones I see mentioned a lot are Back to Nature, and Rune Factory 4.

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Never played a game from either of these genres.

Looking for some recommendations from some people here, since we generally have the same tastes in games.

I've eye'd Gods Eater Burst in the past, and I see there are a few possible Hunter clones on Vita. Like maybe Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, and Toukiden.

Since you haven't played either, start at the source?
Monster hunter world is great - probably the best in the series. It does the best job of any MH game of introducing new players to all the mechanics. Say bye to your life when you start this one up.

Harvest Moon - too kiddy for my taste but the best ones are a bit older. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA is supposedly a great addition.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Stardew Valley is a newish (2016) Harvest Moon styled game that has gotten a lot of praise.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
not sure if this would count, but dragon's dogma has some elements of monster hunter and is an incredibly underrated game.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
There is a new Harvest Moon coming to PS4 and Switch next month, so that could be a good introduction. It's not like there is an ongoing story or anything. Although the older ones are better. The SNES, GBC and original Playstation versions are probably my favourites, so I'd recommend either of those if you can find them.

Also, like F4U57 said, Stardew Valley is a great Harvest Moon inspired games and is available to download on pretty much every current system.

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
+ 1 for Stardew Valley. Incredible game all around, especially the music. It's cheaper than pretty much all the Harvest Moon games too (should be around $15 now), and the physical version is really nice (comes with a full color mini-guide and soundtrack).

The Story of Seasons games for 3DS are the real HM games now. Natsume just owns the name in the U.S, so the last half dozen or so 'Harvest Moon' games are mostly shit including the upcoming Switch one.