A tribute to my favorite X-Men: The Animated Series episode, Nightcrawler, which turns 23

Steve

The Wonder Years,
years old today! Originally aired May 13, 1995. I've recreated the episode in its entirety through written and picture form for anyone who wishes to relive this fantastic episode, or even view it for the very first time. The transcription is 99% accurate, with minor liberties added which I could not resist (It's pretty obvious which line was added for a cheap laugh/grin).

http://rvgfanatic.com/wordpress/index.php/nightcrawler/

It holds up incredibly well 23 years later. Actually, it's one of those few cartoon episodes that is better viewed as an adult because of the deep issues presented. Flew over my head as a kid, but when I saw it again in my 20's, I realized how brilliant this episode is.

Fine work by Len Uhley!

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I was very happy that they gave him a German accent.

Needed more Magneto.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Good for it's time though it's final season was awful,beside having dumb plots.Also the sentinels were to not bright were they :rolleyes:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Good for it's time though it's final season was awful,beside having dumb plots.Also the sentinels were to not bright were they :rolleyes:

Mastermold, man.

The hype was real for me when I saw this episode:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The series was definitely ahead of its time much like Batman TAS.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Does it get any better than when Gladiator bosses the Juggernaut?

Forget the meme it caused because it wasn't that funny.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Mastermold, man.

The hype was real for me when I saw this episode:

When they fought x-factor wasn't it man it's been years since i watched x-men tas.Speaking of clips for the show :lolz:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

This show was fine for a child but the animation was shit. Looks much better in pictures than video.

Batman TAS is OK but honestly I think Superman TAS really upped the ante.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I think I might pop that episode in the dvd player.

X-Men was good, but a step behind Batman TAS. Batman made it natural to have good voice acting in a kids show. X-Men still had that scream every 3 seconds bad acting crap going on. Though I admit the longer the Timmverse went on the better it got.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
10 years ago I watched the entire series straight loaded on anything I could get my hands on so yeah I'll agree the series was amazing but fuck knows what the hell happened.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

I couldn't stand the character designs from WB back then. Giant triangles for the entire upper half of the body.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
X-Men, Thundercats, Transformers, and Conan are all legendary animated series. Kids were spoiled with so much goodness in the 90's.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
X-Men, Thundercats, Transformers, and Conan are all legendary animated series. Kids were spoiled with so much goodness in the 90's.

Xmen, Ninja turtles, Real Ghostbusters, Conan, Beetlejuice, attack of the killer tomotoes. So much goodness.

Not forgetting the good old Nicktoons like Ren and Stimpy, Rockos modern Life and some other less memorable ones.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Man, I can't get over how rigid that animation looks. This was what got me out of bed on Saturday mornings for a while, and I just didn't notice/care back then I guess. Now, I wouldn't even have given it a chance.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Cartoons were the reason why i used to wake up early every day. Xmen was one of the better shows.