NeoGeoSD Whats your thoughts on this flash cart?

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Hey, I'm getting back into neo geo aes collecting. However I cant really afford some of my more favorite neo geo aes games cib.

I was thinking about getting a neo geo sd.. I was just wondering what the neo geo community thought of this flash cart? Anyone have issues or does this damage the system? Thanks guys

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have one for the MVS so they are the same. I love mine, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned. Be forewarned though, there are many people that have issues with the flash times which I do not because I don't switch games every ten minutes. The average game takes about 30 seconds to load. Keep this in mind if you are an impatient gamer.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I have one for the MVS so they are the same. I love mine, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned. Be forewarned though, there are many people that have issues with the flash times which I do not because I don't switch games every ten minutes. The average game takes about 30 seconds to load. Keep this in mind if you are an impatient gamer.

Yes I've read that some games can take a few minutes to load. Not really something that would bother me too bad.. Just want something that will work well and not damage the AES system i will be using.

I also collect turbo grafx games and i won't buy a turbo everdrive because the hu card they use is too big and tight for the pins on a turbo grafx console. taking it in and out can damage your pins over time...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Make sure you don’t expose the neosd or your AES to thermal cycles.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I also collect turbo grafx games and i won't buy a turbo everdrive because the hu card they use is too big and tight for the pins on a turbo grafx console. taking it in and out can damage your pins over time...

That's only the older Turbo Everdrive cards like version 1.0. Get the latest version, I have 2.4 and it is the same exact thickness of a Hucard.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
That's only the older Turbo Everdrive cards like version 1.0. Get the latest version, I have 2.4 and it is the same exact thickness of a Hucard.

Oh nice I may have to grab one of those too now.. First things first i have to find a neo geo aes system i stupidly sold my a few years ago and i want to get another one. Aero fighters 2 and the neogeoSD will be my first purchases after i get the system. Then I'll be pretty happy for awhile haha.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
As far as I'm concerned, the NeoSD already put down roots in my home console, though it would be cool to have the juggling ape while bigger games load. Anyway, it's awesome!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's probably the most professionally designed flash cartridge of any system.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
It's awesome, but I'd probably wait for the new one at this point.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It's awesome, but I'd probably wait for the new one at this point.

Any word on pricing for the new one? The regular NeoSd is already $500 us so i hope that doesnt mean the pro will be $700ish. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a price drop with the regular version with the pro coming in at $500. Or maybe the regular version will be phased out completely with the new one costing $500.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
No clue on pricing for the new one, but I haven't been keeping up with the terraonion thread. Maybe there's info there. I'm with you on the pricing though. While being able to swap between a few games quickly is nice, it's not a feature that's worth $200+ to me but obviously there are some people who'd pay a premium for it.