How to add album art to server music library?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I recently got a Cambridge Audio wifi music streamer and made a server with Twonky that accesses all of my music files directly from my music library.

With iTunes it usually automatically adds the art when I rip or download stuff. However that is iTunes.

Streaming stuff directly doesn't seem to have the cover art unless it's embedded, is there an easy way to get the art work and add it?

I did some googling and pretty much everything that I came across isn't mac compatible or is some shady program you have to pay for.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Have you tried sticking the album cover art as "folder.jpg" in an album's folder? That always works for me, but then I don't know much about Twonky and whether it'd pick up on that. As for embedding album art into files, I like to use MP3Tag, a free piece of software that allows you to edit tags and embed art into a wide variety of audio files, not just MP3, might be worth a try.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
What type of server is it? I know with Synology, you can login from a web browser & use built-in apps/tools to edit such things(they also have apps for android/ios to allow similar).

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
What type of server is it? I know with Synology, you can login from a web browser & use built-in apps/tools to edit such things(they also have apps for android/ios to allow similar).

UPnP. I want to get a NAS setup in the future but want all my files the way I want them first.

I'm new to all this and it seems to get complicated pretty fast. I'm sure I can do it manually but with 800+ albums it would take fucking forever.

This what I got and it works pretty damn well, I just want the damn album art to show up on the screen without using iTunes. https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/cx/cxn-v2

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
If you’re still within the return window, ditch it. Pick up a Bluesound Vault2.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, I went a head and returned it. It's cool but it's just not doing a lot of the basic things I was expecting. I used the refund to get new speaker stands and upgrade my phono amp.