All Williams/Bally pinball tables to be delisted from Pinball Arcade on June 30th

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Farsight's license for Williams/Bally pinball tables is set to expire on June 30th. About 2/3 of the Pinball Arcade tables will no longer be available for purchase on any platform. Any purchases will remain in your download list, but if there's any Williams/Bally tables that you want then you need to get them soon.

They'll be re-launching the game with the remaining 1/3 of the current tables, so it won't disappear completely. They're also planning to merge the three Stern Pinball Arcade exclusives into the main game later this year.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
:oh_no::oh_no:
Damn it all,just because they couldn't come to a agreement bally&williams tables are being removed.It's just another example why digital only can be a bad idea.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
:oh_no::oh_no:
Damn it all,just because they couldn't come to a agreement bally&williams tables are being removed.It's just another example why digital only can be a bad idea.

I’m not sure I agree with this. Without digital distribution, almost none of the Bally/Williams tables would have been available in the first place. Shit, Pinball Arcade as a platform would not have been possible without digital distribution.

Besides, there’s nothing from keeping you from buying the tables you want before June 30th, and keeping them forever.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The thing that annoys me most is that I was waiting for these tables to be released on the Switch version, since that's my preferred way to play. Not gonna happen now.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I’m not sure I agree with this. Without digital distribution, almost none of the Bally/Williams tables would have been available in the first place. Shit, Pinball Arcade as a platform would not have been possible without digital distribution.

Besides, there’s nothing from keeping you from buying the tables you want before June 30th, and keeping them forever.
I've played games that are digital only and when there gone that's it unless they get pirated of course.Yeah,i've read in the article tables that you bought can be downloaded again but once the servers go down there gone for good.When the first season of pinball arcade got a physical release i did buy it for the PS4.Any other table i bought was digital only i just hope later on maybe farsight can renew the license.I say this because without the williams&bally tables it's gonna leave it's selection very slim.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I decided to set up some virtual pinball tables to see how they run on pc and many vp9 and vpx tables range from pretty damn good to much better than pinball arcade - especially if you can rotate a monitor. Configuration and tweaking of scripts isn't for everyone, certainly not as convenient as playing on a console, but the results are worth it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I decided to set up some virtual pinball tables to see how they run on pc and many vp9 and vpx tables range from pretty damn good to much better than pinball arcade - especially if you can rotate a monitor. Configuration and tweaking of scripts isn't for everyone, certainly not as convenient as playing on a console, but the results are worth it.

This is how I got my Cyclone fix before PA had it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Well it's happen zen studio's has gotten the rights to williams pinball tables.