New kraut reporting in

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hello,

I'm in my 30s now and craved a Neo Geo of some kind for about 10-15 years. I looked for MVS/AES systems every now and then and now finally pulled the trigger after emulation no longer satisfies. I ordered one of them cheap CMVS from China. It remains to be seen if this is the answer to my urges or just a gateway drug to something else ;)

Going by the forum title, it appears that this is the right place for some n00b questions:

1. I'll get a CMVS with both component and RGB out. Which is preferable, and should I look for a certain cable? I searched the forum but most video quality releated topics I found were discussing S-Video, which isn't an option. I wont be using OSSC or Framemeister.

2. My dream setup has always been a mint AES with UniBIOS and some decent video out. So far my search for consoles, accessories and games was limited to ebay, local dealers, and retro gaming stores/resellers. Are there any recommendations as to where I should look to find a proper AES for a fair price?

Here are some of my findings:
Modded AES from local dealer on ebay.de - Looks a bit pricey to me

AES from a private seller on ebay + 4 common games - could be great, could be bad. Flip a coin, I guess?

Japanese AES CIB from a German retro reseller - CIB is great, but the system is unmodded and I can't mod myself

Thanks!

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So you already bought a Chinaman CMVS and now want an AES before even receiving it?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Congrats on the new cheap CMVS from China.

If I were you I would also grab a home system and collect up some homecarts. MVS and AES will only keep increasing in value so best to dive in now and get your feet wet.

What kind of financial allotment you have put aside to invest in neo geo games? Hopefully you have at least 3K euros to get you started up.

Last edited:

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So you already bought a Chinaman CMVS and now want an AES before even receiving it?

Just weighing possible future options. I'm here to learn, after all.

Congrats on the new cheap CMVS from China.

If I were you I would also grab a home system and collect up some homecarts. MVS and AES will only keep increasing in value so best to dive in now and get your feet wet.

What kind of financial allotment you have put aside to invest in neo geo games? How you have at least 3K euros to get you started up.

I'm not sure if I want to get into collecting much carts. I'm looking forward to NeoSD Pro hitting the market. In the long run, I may go for the carts of my favorite games, though.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I've seen that for EUR280. Isn't the NeoSD for EUR436 much better value?

If you're not interested in buying real software the NeoSD is the way to go. The multi carts don't contain a full set of games and can sometimes glitch out(sound/grafx).

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
All true. I have a 161 in 1 coming for my CMVS. But should the future hold an AES for me, NeoSD looks very appealing.