Weekly Roundup 5/07/18

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
A day late but oh well

Mame
Magical Drop III

Switch
Skyrim - beat the main campaign and all the other questlines. Just dinking around now.
Cave Story + - great version of the game. I don't like how you can't change up graphics and soundtracks on the fly, but otherwise an awesome game.

3DS
Fire Emblem Echoes - almost done with act 4.

Retrofreak
Streets of Rage

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
megadrive

sonic 3d
battle mania 2

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
3DS:

Codename: S.T.E.A.M.

After 5 chapters in and not sure what to think yet- I really enjoy the world and the characters but the enemy a.i. is pretty brutal. I wish there was a way to level up.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Few on my Retron5.

Undercover Cops SFC
Final Fight SFC
Forgotten Worlds SMS

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SATURN:
ENEMY ZERO - This game is basically garbage but i'm too far to quit it now.

GENESIS/ SEGA CD:
ALISIA DRAGOON
LORDS OF THUNDER

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
SATURN:
ENEMY ZERO - This game is basically garbage but i'm too far to quit it now.

GENESIS/ SEGA CD:
ALISIA DRAGOON
LORDS OF THUNDER

I bought a new EZ for like $15 shipped in 04. Wanted the disc sleeves for PDS since one of mine was damaged.

I remember playing a little bit of EZ and thinking, meh.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
GBA
Riviera: The Promised Land
Beat it and started another new game to try to get some more of the items I missed the first time and try out some of the other dialogue/route options. It was a pretty good and different RPG and took a reasonable length of time to complete (~24 hours for my first playthrough).

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I bought a new EZ for like $15 shipped in 04. Wanted the disc sleeves for PDS since one of mine was damaged.

I remember playing a little bit of EZ and thinking, meh.

Yeah it is pretty meh. I'd been anticipating playing it since I got it like 15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it is interesting and sort of scary/tense at times.

The main problem is its painfully slow (the game is almost nothing but slow unskippable movie parts that you have to rewatch over and over) and the save system is weird. Its sort like RE with ink ribbons (they us a voice recorder with a battery for saving and loading), except they took it one step further.....

It costs battery to save data, and it costs battery......TO LOAD DATA....yes

It took me a while to realize it so i'm not sure i can even beat it on this file lol. I've been trying to get as far as i can on this file without saving as much as possible. I play A LOT RE so no biggie there. Problem is some stuff is beyond my control. For example, the game froze on me shortly after getting to disc 3, and I to restart to clean the disc so I lost some battery on that.

I got a whole disc and a half left we'll see how it goes.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Yeah it is pretty meh. I'd been anticipating playing it since I got it like 15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it is interesting and sort of scary/tense at times.

The main problem is its painfully slow (the game is almost nothing but slow unskippable movie parts that you have to rewatch over and over) and the save system is weird. Its sort like RE with ink ribbons (they us a voice recorder with a battery for saving and loading), except they took it one step further.....

It costs battery to save data, and it costs battery......TO LOAD DATA....yes

It took me a while to realize it so i'm not sure i can even beat it on this file lol. I've been trying to get as far as i can on this file without saving as much as possible. I play A LOT RE so no biggie there. Problem is some stuff is beyond my control. For example, the game froze on me shortly after getting to disc 3, and I to restart to clean the disc so I lost some battery on that.

I got a whole disc and a half left we'll see how it goes.

That sounds terrible.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
megadrive

golden axe 2
rocket knight adventure

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
That sounds terrible.

Yeah it was. It froze on me again last night and i lost a nice amount of progress. Promptly deleted my data and watched the rest on youtube. i'm not torturing myself with this game lol.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - GT Sport

The penalty/experience etc... system of this game is screwed. For example, in the last lap of a one-make race with those hairdresser Mazda roadsters, the guy behind me comes too fast to a u-turn, hits me, and in the process propels me to the lawn, result being me losing 3 places and getting a 2 sec penalty for going off track and losing driver rating, the guy who rammed me, nothing.

:-----EE

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Super enjoyable. Love these character-puzzle games when spaces are condensed in this fashion (IQ Final, Zack and Wiki). Level design stood out as fantastic in some cases. Not difficult in the slightest, but I definitely lost track of time in the enjoyment. I didn't see a "restart level" button, though?