Universe Bios 4.0 MVS/AES released!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I just got through packing it up for you :)

tobisham

n00b
MVS 2-slot no sound on slot 2 with 4.0, with 3.3 ok

Hi,

Unless I am mistaken, I have seen no info before what appears a bug to me:

I have 2 MVS 2-slot, both MV2-01, same result: No sound when I insert a game in 2nd slot with unibios 4.0

Sound returns with unibios 3.3 or original bios. :confused: One MVS has battery in working status and the other doesn't have any.

Edit to add: There is sound in the 2nd slot when I insert 2 games in both slots. :confused: :confused: So, It only fails when 1st slot is empty

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi,

Unless I am mistaken, I have seen no info before what appears a bug to me:

I have 2 MVS 2-slot, both MV2-01, same result: No sound when I insert a game in 2nd slot with unibios 4.0

Sound returns with unibios 3.3 or original bios. :confused: One MVS has battery in working status and the other doesn't have any.

Edit to add: There is sound in the 2nd slot when I insert 2 games in both slots. :confused: :confused: So, It only fails when 1st slot is empty

It is a know issue and will be fixed in next release.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
I just got through packing it up for you :)

got it in the mail today and installed. Works great as expected. only issue i have is the pop up game select menu is not coming up. i hit 1PUp and a+b but nothing.Also tried booting with select and using the 2P but nothing. It has to be something i am doing wrong. i will keep playing with it when i can.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
got it in the mail today and installed. Works great as expected. only issue i have is the pop up game select menu is not coming up. i hit 1PUp and a+b but nothing.Also tried booting with select and using the 2P but nothing. It has to be something i am doing wrong. i will keep playing with it when i can.

If your on MVS goto testmode, softdips and cabinet softdips and make sure game select is set to free.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
If your on MVS goto testmode, softdips and cabinet softdips and make sure game select is set to free.
Yep on MVS I will have to look into this more later after I get some sleep :) thanks again and happy to have this ver 4.0 finally. I let the attract modes just cycle for over an hour :) no issues :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yep on MVS I will have to look into this more later after I get some sleep :) thanks again and happy to have this ver 4.0 finally. I let the attract modes just cycle for over an hour :) no issues :)

Also note that you have to keep the buttons pressed down for the list to popup. If you press quick and release it will not show.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
When using a memory card on AES hardware does the "Your card is still inserted" display when set to AES or MVS mode? And does it display in english when set to JP region?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
When using a memory card on AES hardware does the "Your card is still inserted" display when set to AES or MVS mode? And does it display in english when set to JP region?

From memory it does not display on AES.

Raz

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I’m running into issues with my Omega with UniBios 4.0 and my 161 in 1. The hold start to reset doesn’t work, and holding start for pick a mix makes my console black screen after the UniBios screen. It’s set to console mode.

Anyone else have an issue with this? My start button registers on everything else just fine.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I’m running into issues with my Omega with UniBios 4.0 and my 161 in 1. The hold start to reset doesn’t work, and holding start for pick a mix makes my console black screen after the UniBios screen. It’s set to console mode.

Anyone else have an issue with this? My start button registers on everything else just fine.

What do you mean by hold start to reset does not work? if your talking about the 161in1 and getting back to the game menu then that is normal if you have a memorycard inserted/onboard.

There is a seperate thread for picknmix (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274805-PICKnMIX-Help-amp-Support-thread) but try clearing the backupRAM and see if that helps.

Raz

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
What do you mean by hold start to reset does not work? if your talking about the 161in1 and getting back to the game menu then that is normal if you have a memorycard inserted/onboard.

There is a seperate thread for picknmix (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274805-PICKnMIX-Help-amp-Support-thread) but try clearing the backupRAM and see if that helps.

Raz

Ahh ok I didn’t realize having a memory card made that not work. Thanks! I’ll look into the backup ram and try that tonight.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Been using 4.0 since the May launch. I am very impressed and love your work.
As a bug report though I have to say that playing Metal Slug X off of the 161 Banana cart on console mode makes gameplay impossible. "A" button works fine for character selection, but once the game starts no buttons function. Only movement works. I would of tried it out with an official cart but X is the only Slug I don't own. I will unpack my extra 150 in 1 for more testing (maybe it's just the cart?) Arcade mode functions with no issues.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You need to go into the metal slug x options once in console mode and set the buttons up.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Thanks for the feedback. Is that a standard thing for AES Slug games? I usually play MVS on Arcade and have not messed around with console mode on any of them much to be honest.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Its how the games are programmed, they do not expect to be played in both MVS and Console mode so when backupRAM is set up if you are in MVS mode it does not set up the button configuration so you need to do it manually.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Its how the games are programmed, they do not expect to be played in both MVS and Console mode so when backupRAM is set up if you are in MVS mode it does not set up the button configuration so you need to do it manually.

Thank you for the information. It's always worth learning something new.

deseee

n00b
Hey Razoola. Thanks for the great product. I've run into an issue using pick-n-mix on my 4 slot. It seems that when running the 161 cart in attract mode eventually it will stop on KOF 99 and lose sound. You can press select and move onto the next game but there is no sound until the entire cabinet is powered off and then on again. See attached picture. thumbnail.jpg Any thoughts?

deseee

n00b
After more testing it is not just KOF99 causing it. Also after letting it run for a while by pressing select the sound did kick back in temporarily. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out any other details of the error.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes this kind of thing can happen, it also happens with original multislots.

Raz

deseee

n00b
Yes this kind of thing can happen, it also happens with original multislots.

Raz

Thanks Raz, I didn't see it mentioned in the known issues so wanted to make sure it wasn't some easy fix I'd overlooked or a problem with my cartridge. Appreciate the quick response as well!

To anyone else reading this thread thinking about buying the Universe Bios just do it! Best $$ I've spent on any upgrade to my cab. Shipping was quick from Finland to the US. The matchbox packaging is genius. Install was a breeze. As you can see above, support is top notch as well.

deseee

n00b
Hey Raz, Hope this is OK to post here, if not let me know and I can remove it. I made a quick spreadsheet of Pick-N-Mix instructions for cab owners and their guests with a little blurb about some of the 98 games on the 161 cart. If you guys like it feel free to copy or make changes as you see fit. For printing I've found that the "fit to page" setting with all margins set to .25" yields good results without too small a print. YMMV
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15QsgyPxdNyR3s7i5URvioSkXmh_tg4GDMyC_jiA2X8g/edit?usp=sharing