Universe Bios 4.0 MVS/AES released!

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey, I got my Unibios 4.0 finaly, I still used 1.3 till now. It works fine, but I can not use Select for inserting coins anymore. But select still works as Pause in AES mode.
Any Ideas about that?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Need to know the hardware type. If its a multislot then you cannot insert coins with select button if there is more than one cart inserted. Also check the unibios settings and make sure 'input crossing' is not disabled.

Raz

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
It’s a MVS 2 Slot Board with only one Game in. Thank you, input crossing was disabled! Now it works fine. Thanks a lot!

bluebillet

n00b
Raz,

I'm finally validated on forum. I just wanted to let you know that I received my Universe BIOS 4.0 the other week. I'm reading up the enclosed manual and prepping my MV-1B with the NeoBiosMasta. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this system.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Yes, Razoola--

I received my very first Neo Geo (CMVS) recently, and it had v4.0 installed. I knew all about it beforehand, but I'm loving every instance of it. Frankly, I'm baffled that such a thing was created. My thanks to you, good sir.

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey Razoola, on Samurai Showdown 5 Special MVS, I can only add Blood in Arcade Mode. In AES Mode I tried via cheat menu to enable, but it still stay white, in JP Console also.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I think you need to change the softdips to do it.

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
In AES mode with softdips Lvl3/with and cheat database only “enable Red blood" works. I did also "enable fix aes Fatals & Sound" before, with that enabled its white again. Thanks.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
That fix fatals and sound will only work with the original AES cart and not the fixed version AES cart or the MVS cart. As your playhing on MVS you don't need to enable that cheat.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If I play the MVS cart on an MVS board in AES mode those cheats won't work?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
They are not needed. That cheat is for the AES cart (unfixed version) only.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
But isn't the AES mode still censored using the MVS cart? The cheats are still needed for playing in AES mode. Or is the fix automatic?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes but you can use the soft dip settings which should affect console mode on MVS.

The cheat you talking about is a special cheat which works just with the unfixed AES cart.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Wow, you're fast!

Okay. I didn't realize it was one of the games where the soft dips affect AES mode.

Isn't the unfixed AES cart the same rom set as the MVS cart?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No, there are three official known ROM sets for the game. one MVS and two AES.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Didn't realize that. So I take it the MVS cart runs uncensored in AES mode.

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes, if you play in Japanese, otherwise you have to enable red blood in cheat menu.

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
If I switch to AES mode, the in game difficulty levels have no effect to the game, only softdip setting work. Is there any way to get it functional?

Greetings Alex

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
This really depends on the game. When this came up years ago most people wanted the softDIPs to affect games played in AES mode. On some games however the level setting will overwrite the softDIP.

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey, me again :)
I installed today my Unibios the first time on my AES and noticed that I have the same effect like on the MVS, like I asked before. When I play Last Resort only the softdip difficulties on the menu by pressing a,b,c will have any effects on the game. The ingame Menu is not functional anymore.
Thanks Alex