Universe Bios 4.0 MVS/AES released!

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Can anyone assist with Waku Waku 7 cheats?

The codes to play as Fernandez and Bonus Kun will go into a loop on the character select screen. Is it only possible to activate the cheat right before a fight?

boss0033

Kula's Candy
So just got the 4.0. I have a super neo 29 4 slot all original. I had the 3.0 and never an issue. I installed the 4.0 and now upon boot up I get the cross hatch screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Thats an indication the bios isn't seeing any of the carts. Double check that all of the top to bottom boards interconnects are fully seated.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
I have 4 carts installed properly. I removed 3 and just tried one in slot one and same result. It does allow me to run through the entire test screens

Last edited:

boss0033

Kula's Candy
Tried that. Same thing. To clear just hit a, b, and c correct. Tried that several times and still cross hatch

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Maybe the top and bottom halves of the board aren't seated all the way.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Hi, I had a member here send me an MV2F with 4.0 installed.When a cart is installed in the 2nd port only there is no audio from the game,I assumed it was the custom NEO-257. I tried the same thing with my system,same specs and yielded the same results.if both carts are inserted there is audio coming from both slots.i played around with it for a little while tricking the bios to play audio in port two but can't get it to work consistently.
BB

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Its a bug in unibios 4.0, it will only have audio if there is a cart in slot 1 on multi-slot boards.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Anyone in the US selling authorized versions of 4.0? I know Raz isn't doing then anymore for the moment and wanted to get 2 for the new motherboards I have.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Anyone in the US selling authorized versions of 4.0? I know Raz isn't doing then anymore for the moment and wanted to get 2 for the new motherboards I have.

You mean personalized with the serial number like in the past? Those aren't available at the time being. I'm on the approved list of distributors of the free version.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
You mean personalized with the serial number like in the past? Those aren't available at the time being. I'm on the approved list of distributors of the free version.
No not personalized, just standard Unibios

Ratsalad

n00b
Hi all,, thanks Razool for a wonderful bios
I’m trying to copy bios on to eprom st m27c4002.
Can I still just put the data in once ? as this eprom
I think is 4 times volume? Do I need to put it in twice
Just I think I copied correctly and I get watchdog...
Appreciate any help

Last edited:

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Hi all,, thanks Razool for a wonderful bios
I’m trying to copy bios on to eprom st m27c4002.
Can I still just put the data in once ? as this eprom
I think is 4 times volume? Do I need to put it in twice
Just I think I copied correctly and I get watchdog...
Appreciate any help

Neo geo boards normally have pin 38 + 39 tied to 5v. These are A16 and A17 on the m27c4002, which will force the eprom to always be using the last 1Mbit of the 4Mbit. You will want to create a rom file with 4 copies of the bios in it.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

Xian Xi has the free version of the 4.0. I bought 2 myself but haven't installed them yet.

Last edited:

Ratsalad

n00b
Neo geo boards normally have pin 38 + 39 tied to 5v. These are A16 and A17 on the m27c4002, which will force the eprom to always be using the last 1Mbit of the 4Mbit. You will want to create a rom file with 4 copies of the bios in it.

tans ac im missing letters on my ey board so your name is missing te letter....lol

Ratsalad

n00b
i cant seem to copy it?

it as a ile combine option in my burning program. but i need the .bin ver of bios which im looking for now . and i will create 4 files apart then try to combine tham all.

i m lost with the .hex offset.. i can burn correct size no prob.. but i would like to use the m27c4002 eprom i have sitting here doing nothing.

mario64

n00b
The Unibios 4.0 release notes mention that issues with a couple of games running on NeoSD can be fixed if you add "sfix.sfix" to the root of your SD card. I can't find any references to this file online but I do see sfix.sfx as one of the Neo Geo BIOS files. I assume this is what should be used?

Edit: Never mind. I just found sfix.sfix

Last edited:

zed7

n00b
"Hiscore saving support on AES hardware by smkdan (memory card required)." Taken from the unibios website.

I've been looking around, but does this save MVS hiscores too? From reading the 2 slot manual, the MVS only saves up to 8 games' high scores/settings from my understanding, before erasing the last used one in order.

If Unibios can help me keep my scores and not have me worrying about the battery, that'd be great :)