Universe Bios 4.0 MVS/AES released!

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
So my 161 AES cart(from japangameonline.com) works for PicknMix absolutely love this feature. I love being able to flip through games on the fly. During a game you want to switch just soft reboot, and then just make a new selection. Turns this cart into a much better cart that's forsure! Just can't seem to change soft dips while in the mode.

Coming from the debug bios having cheats is also a very nice feature. Which people that have been with the unibios already know about. I've used it in Mame, but not on my aes.

Thanks Raz

Yep, pick and mix is a great feature for the 161-in-1 and well worth the upgrade - another upside is that it hides the ugly game selection menu and all the boots.

eclypse

Banned
Anywone know about how long it takes to receive there unibios to the states? Ordered like a week ago and getting impatient! Haha

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It can take anything from about 10 days to 6 weeks if it goes into customs.

eclypse

Banned
Got it today or yesterday in the mail! Didnt take long!

Thanks!

Love that matchbox packing. 3rd time I've ordered a chip now over the last 10 years or so!

First thought of when I buy a neo geo aes or mvs.. gota order that unibios!

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've got an AES that I would like to install a unibios into but the only Unibios chip I have is the MVS version, would that still work?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
What version is it? downloaded free version? If so yes it will work fine.

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks Raz it works great. As a bonus I opened up my AES for the first time and there was already a socketed (stock) BIOS in there, so I didn't even have to do any soldering.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Is it still possible to get the upgraded version of the bios (V4.0)? I have 3.3, bought officially several years ago.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Is it still possible to get the upgraded version of the bios (V4.0)? I have 3.3, bought officially several years ago.

It might be yes but youll need to email me first with info on your v3.3, serial number etc. let me know if you have a eprom programmer also. It may take some time before I can do it however.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Hi Raz, would I be able to upgrade the BIOS on a Omega that I bought? The console came preinstalled with a v3.2. I do have a programmer that I used to make a NeoDiag set, that would work for upgrading to v4.0, right?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
It might yes, you will need to email me.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
It cannot be bought at the moment as the webpage says.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You could upload the free version to buyicnow.com if you don't have a chip burner.

TonySwish

n00b
Yeah I'd love an update too.

I'm pretty new to the AES and would prefer 4.0, but might settle for 3.3 if I can find someone to program/install it as I have the most unsteady hand possible.

My only regrets are getting a high serial number AES and not getting Unibios preinstalled...

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I didn't bother upgrading to 4.0. The UI customization is nice, but I don't need PICKnMIX. That seems to be the big change in 4.0. So if you don't use the 161-in-1 multicart, it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

hkr

n00b
I bought a universe bios 3.3 a couple years ago for a MVS-1C that I never ended up using as the MVS board was dead. Could I use the chip for my AES instead? Was hoping to grab a 4.0 chip but as they're not available right now I figured I could drop in my spare 3.3 while waiting.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I bought a universe bios 3.3 a couple years ago for a MVS-1C that I never ended up using as the MVS board was dead. Could I use the chip for my AES instead? Was hoping to grab a 4.0 chip but as they're not available right now I figured I could drop in my spare 3.3 while waiting.
Yep. The same Unibios will work fine in either an AES or MVS. It's designed to be universal.