Strange games you own/play "kusoge especial"

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
By far my most bizarre game I have / play is Trio the Punch. This game is just a fucked up mess of craziness. I feel like I'm in a fever dream when I play it. This game is by definition a "kusoge game". I first played it on my coinops modded Xbox it grew on me the more I played it so I decided to get the board of it. Why? No idea lol.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I think I gave away all my odd PCE games.

Somewhere though I think i still have a copy of Thrill Kill. Not played it in a long ass time but i recall it being a bit on the fucked up side. At least for the time it was...

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I think I gave away all my odd PCE games.

Somewhere though I think i still have a copy of Thrill Kill. Not played it in a long ass time but i recall it being a bit on the fucked up side. At least for the time it was...

Thrill Kill's a little strange, but not kusoge. It's also hard to argue a having shitty gameplay since it's somewhat unfinished.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I enjoy shit unlicensed 16-bit Mega Drive fighters, particularly Top Fighter 2000, Lord of the Rings, and King of Fighters '99. As much as I love unlicensed trash, the SNES fighters are just unplayable.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I guess mine are a little mainstream, but Mr Bones on Saturn, and Incredible Crisis on PSX seem to fit the mold. I would also throw Rival Schools on PSX and Project Justice on DC just for being plain weird, but they seem kinda normal compared to the other two.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Battle K-Road is awesome.

Considering the time of release (1994) one could argue the competition was way better than Psikyo's first born.
But it has an interesting approach and a nice soundtrack. That's what I like about it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just assume 1 out of every 5 games I like would be considered kusoge in Japan.

J-P

NEST Puppet
I quite liked Iwatobi Penguin (both titles) on the PS1. Very fun with a few drunken friends - but not sure if it fits with kusoge? The stupidity was pretty intentional.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
This game is by definition a "kusoge game".

Keep your own personal canon to yourself. Kusoge (糞ゲー) means shit game, not "strange" or whatever else. Solid games that are weird are not kusoge. Games that are a pile of trash are kusoge.

Spoiler:
like everything on the 糞ゲー64.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Keep your own personal canon to yourself. Kusoge (糞ゲー) means shit game, not "strange" or whatever else. Solid games that are weird are not kusoge. Games that are a pile of trash are kusoge.

I was thinking this as well.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Spoiler:
like everything on the 糞ゲー64.

Don't get your panties in a bunch there chief.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Bop'n Rumble for the C64 was a shit game I couldn't put down. That is until I found out it didn't have an ending. Fuck that game.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Bop'n Rumble for the C64 was a shit game I couldn't put down. That is until I found out it didn't have an ending. Fuck that game.

Damn never heard of that one, Amiga had a lot of shit on it also. I have never seen a such shitty ports of arcade games back then when I had mine. Could fill this thread up with them shame to such a great computer that was capable of so much more.

Last edited: