161 in 1 - Unable To Switch Between Games. Video Included.

Hello All,

I have a 2 slot MVS cab, and have been testing out games on the 161 in 1 cart. I have ran into an odd issue and have not been able to find any solutions online.

I cannot get the multi-cart to go back to the game select screen when holding down the P1 button for 5 or more seconds. I have tried 2 different multi-carts, ran them in different slots, and played around with the hard dip settings. Nothing has worked yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6JadPkWvg

Thanks for any suggestions.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Try blowing on the cart.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its because your system is acting as if a memory card is inserted.

Raz

Hey Raz! Thanks for the suggestion. I actually just purchased a unibios from you. Super excited to get it.

There is no memory card in my system, do you have any idea how I can fix this issue?

I forgot to mention that the wiring in the cabinet has been altered from the previous owner. The El panels have been completely replaced with a single fluorescent bulb. It's definitely looks like shit, and I plan on fixing the wiring next.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I think you sould unplug all that and see if it fixes the issue. Maybe there are touching pins on the Memory card connector, worth checking.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
My neo geo refused to turn on after using a 161 in 1 but when I bought a NEOSD it started working again. Funny.

Maybe you accidentally spilled VB into the slot?

liwer

n00b
Hello All,

I have a 2 slot MVS cab, and have been testing out games on the 161 in 1 cart. I have ran into an odd issue and have not been able to find any solutions online.

I cannot get the multi-cart to go back to the game select screen when holding down the P1 button for 5 or more seconds. I have tried 2 different multi-carts, ran them in different slots, and played around with the hard dip settings. Nothing has worked yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6JadPkWvg

Thanks for any suggestions.

The same thing also happens to me in my 2-slot cabinet, with start it does not return to the menu, I turn it off and on when I want to change the game, I did not find a way to solve it.

I think it is inconsistent between the MVS and the cartridge.

I gather many of these carts arrive defective in some way or another. For the most part my 161-1 works fine in my 2-slot with factory BIOs on the occasions I use it, but apparently I'm one of the lucky ones.