Currently in progress of dumping Stakes Winner Alpha dev board

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I’ll get this done for you guys today. Hopefully one of the more tech savvy members here can get it running with the Final P1 or share some sprites. :)

1nXKqba.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I’ll try to get everything posted tonight. If not, tomorrow.

I’ll just post as “088a-c1.c1” etc. this will still require a most likely modified p1 or whatever if we hope to get something playable. Rock on, guys.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
you are great! thanks!!

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
http://www.filedropper.com/stakwinalpha

Okie Dokie, here's what I got. All the chips had pretty straight pins besides c12. I'll keep the chips handy in a box in case some people would like me to attempt to re-read some of them at a slower speed. Hopefully they're not all corrupt, lol.

Have fun, thanks again. I did not include the final version P1, just the eproms I had from the board.

Take care. :)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Thanks so much for doing this. Did you contact anyone at MAME?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Thanks so much for doing this. Did you contact anyone at MAME?

Nah, I figured the folks here like yourself could play around with the files and see if there’s anything worth finding. Please keep in mind that the board had exposed eproms, and P1 through P8 were SRAM chips.

The ASCII for the M1 oddly said “ver 3.0 by MAKOTO. 04/03/10 to SK” that’s definitely a puzzling date. The V chips had rather interesting ASCII to look at. I’m simply not a tech, just wanted to share with the community.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I will take a look shortly.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Does anyone think it’s even worth bothering to pull the SRAM chips and attemp to read them? I don’t really think there’s a chance of any data at all being retained on them.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have had a quick look, and hooked up a driver in kawaks. The missing data would be P2 from a normal NeoGeo ROM set. Hooking up the equilivant P2 region from stakes winner did not seem to help from the quick test I did. I'll have more of a look later.

C ROMs need to be loaded like other prototypes (lresortp for example).

It did start running for me (sort of).

stakwinalpha000.png

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Does anyone think it’s even worth bothering to pull the SRAM chips and attemp to read them? I don’t really think there’s a chance of any data at all being retained on them.

Is there a battery on the PCB? Try this, put PCB on AES or MVS. goto unibios ingame menu and then the memory viewer (move joystick right from soft reset option), goto address 200000 and take a screenshot.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I have had a quick look, and hooked up a driver in kawaks. The missing data would be P2 from a normal NeoGeo ROM set. Hooking up the equilivant P2 region from stakes winner did not seem to help from the quick test I did. I'll have more of a look later.

C ROMs need to be loaded like other prototypes (lresortp for example).

It did start running for me (sort of).

View attachment 50522

Awesome! :)

These dev boards sure are fun history at least.
NT8y77c.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Is there a battery on the PCB? Try this, put PCB on AES or MVS. goto unibios ingame menu and then the memory viewer (move joystick right from soft reset option), goto address 200000 and take a screenshot.

There is a battery (corroded). I ’ll do so when my unibios arrives. :)

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

*edit, Whoops, 200,000.

Any quick way to 200,000 or do I have to sit for hours holding the joystick down?

Last edited:

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Holding A or B or D should speed up how fast it scrolls.

-ack

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
yIDAgYv.jpg

Not looking good. Oh well.

May I ask what Raz means about “P2 region” since the final Stakes release only has a P1? I’m guessing this is a bios specialty of his instead of a “P2” rom issue.

Also, my Uni 4.0 (thanks Raz) doesn’t have some special serial needed for updates, right? I didn’t enter a serial when ordering as my MVS sixer has different serials on the top and bottom boards and figure Raz programs each unique one to prevent leaks. In the future, which serial sticker is correct on multi-layer MVS boards?

It may not be exciting, but i’ve preserved what I could from an infamous giant dev board.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yup, not good.

Can you do the unibios gamecart check (unibios main settings) and post the results of that in a picture.

Raz