Mega Man 2 and X 30th Anniversary Editions Announced

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
https://venturebeat.com/2018/05/01/...to-celebrate-the-franchises-30th-anniversary/

Capcom is teaming up with the game boutique and production company Iam8bit to release new limited edition cartridges of two of the most popular Mega Man games: Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X.

This is celebrating the franchise’s 30th anniversary. The original Mega Man came out on December 17, 1987 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. These new versions of the classic games will cost $100 each. Only 8,500 of each one will be available (7,500 in an opaque light blue color for Mega Man 2 and opaque white for Mega Man X, 1,000 in a translucent blue for each.) These cartridges will work on NTSC consoles (any system that plays NES or SNES cartridges made for the U.S., Canada, Middle East, and other parts of the world that don’t use the European PAL format or Japan/East Asia’s NTSC-J format). So these carts will work with your original systems or retro machines designed to play SNES or NES games, like Analogue’s Super NT SNES.

Looks like these are going to be more and more frequent. Thoughts?

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
For $100?? Fuck right off. You can get an original CIB MM2 for less than that.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Didn't buy the last one, won't be buying this one. I wonder how long it will take for this trash to sell out.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
It's not a bad collector item (even if the colors are a bit odd). But except if you're a mega man hardcore fan, there's not a very good reason to buy that... The original games are not costly enough to warrant that purchase, and you need the original console to play it.

If you live for mega man (and there's surely 8500 of them in this sick world) you should buy it, and that's it. I prefer spending my hard earned money on something more "useful", like a MVS game :-)

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'd pay $200 for translucent copies, no question. Opaque white and opaque light blue, though? You can't even partially see through that. No thank you.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I AM a hardcore Mega Man fan, and I still think this is ridiculous and quite frankly, insulting. This relationship with Capcom has been an abusive one for the last several years: they take and take, give little to nothing in return, but you won't leave them because you remember how they used to be.

Mega Man games...I own them all in their original form and play them all regularly (...and artbooks, and OSTs, and figures, etc...), and not getting either of these repros won't make me feel like I'm missing out on anything.

When Mega Man 11 gets here - and to a lesser degree, the X compilations (for the special double boss mode) - then we're talkin'

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
As I said when they reprinted Street Fighter 2, I fail to understand why Iam8bit / Capcom are reprinting games that aren't rare in the first place. How about some Mega Man X 3 or Demon's Crest reprints?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
As I said when they reprinted Street Fighter 2, I fail to understand why Iam8bit / Capcom are reprinting games that aren't rare in the first place. How about some Mega Man X 3 or Demon's Crest reprints?

I was under the impression that there was going to be a super R-Type/R-Type III combo cart. I know it's Irem, but R-Type III is much more expensive than Super, so that would have been the only one I may have jumped on. These? Absolutely not. Especially since the Legacy Collections came out recently and have more games for way less money.

But cart colors.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
The street fighter one was stupid I really don't see the value at all. If it was half the price, then maybe.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
At those prices i can't help but laugh :lolz: I'm sure collectards will buy them up like crazy.I do like the idea behind it,giving releases for older consoles but i think iam8bit are insane for what there charging.Also on that price for MMX it's just cheaper to wait on capcom mega man-x compilation coming later in the year.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Waiting for iam16bit's 25th Anniversary home cart of Samurai Shodown this August...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I guess the Street Fighter 2 cart re-release was a success after all...

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
No reason for these to exist but collectards.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
LOL @ Iam8bit being a "game boutique". This hobby was so much more enjoyable before it went mainstream.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't understand why a repro is more expensive than an original...