In 20 years where do you see the world going?

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Who would have ever thought a dystopia would turn out so banal.

We were prophesied this:
41654514015_2fd8a32a16_b.jpg

Otherwise there's no way people are going to vote for a handful of people to earn everything while they, and not just the usual low IQ fucknuts, pick at dirt.

And I just don't see it.
I do. Case in point: Amazon
The are millions of lazy fucks who'd even order their groceries from Bezos and thus help destroy even more jobs.

Edit:

the government can't go back on it's universal offerings without revolt of the bogan class.
http://www.bento.de/politik/sachsen...zer-mit-maschinengewehren-ausruesten-2402107/

Saxony wants to equip their police tanks with machine guns.

ae056198f5def4ea6d38.jpg

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In 20 years I hope Americans are still fighting to protect their freedoms. It's easy for those to erode if no one cares.

I hope America is still the superpower in 20 years, as well. As bad as people think America is, it's much better than the alternatives.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In 20 years I hope Americans are still fighting to protect their freedoms. It's easy for those to erode if no one cares.

I hope America is still the superpower in 20 years, as well. As bad as people think America is, it's much better than the alternatives.

If the alternative is China, then a big no thank you.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The very idea of democracy and freedom will be distorted beyond recognition in 20 years time. Law and rights will be a lot more present in cyberspace as another generation is born and grows up with/in the internet.

Something that dawned on me is that robotisation will devolve man in category, as an evolved animal, as something not separate from the animal kingdom as the biological and the mechanical entity become ever more consolidated (as the mechanical becomes ever more autonomous as an intelligent and self aware entity)
It isn't so much that we are creating our replacement but rather we are returning to nature. It may not seem like much but to me it breaks with a specific rhetoric which has existed for thousands of years.
Not in 20 years but maybe one day we will be eligible to live in zoos and "nature reserves" (-cities)

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The very idea of democracy and freedom will be distorted beyond recognition in 20 years time. Law and rights will be a lot more present in cyberspace as another generation is born and grows up with/in the internet.

Something that dawned on me is that robotisation will devolve man in category, as an evolved animal, as something not separate from the animal kingdom as the biological and the mechanical entity become ever more consolidated (as the mechanical becomes ever more autonomous as an intelligent and self aware entity)
It isn't so much that we are creating our replacement but rather we are returning to nature. It may not seem like much but to me it breaks with a specific rhetoric which has existed for thousands of years.
Not in 20 years but maybe one day we will be eligible to live in zoos and "nature reserves" (-cities)

If you’re an advanced computer system with advanced machine learning, would you select man to help further your goals, or insects?

I imagine insects would get the focus of computers, at least until they figure out how to control micro-organisms, or hell, viruses.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
If you’re an advanced computer system with advanced machine learning, would you select man to help further your goals, or insects?

I imagine insects would get the focus of computers, at least until they figure out how to control micro-organisms, or hell, viruses.

Hah yeah interesting.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
real talk though, computers will put man in his place (as a deluded inferior species)

in other news
very random
Elon Musk and Grimes are going out. so I guess their offspring will rule the world
fuck

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
One thing's for certain: rich people will so be rich and poor people will still be poor.

Trump, Putin, whatever wet paper towel runs the UK, these players will be swapped out with more of the same. Look at Trump, whatever you feel about him he's good at two things: making money and being in the spotlight. He's not bothered about politics is he? He's just using it for $$$ and ego, like most politicians.

Hate the game.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Another huge data breach. :thevt:

https://www.wired.com/story/exactis-database-leak-340-million-records/

Earlier this month, security researcher Vinny Troia discovered that Exactis, a data broker based in Palm Coast, Florida, had exposed a database that contained close to 340 million individual records on a publicly accessible server. The haul comprises close to 2 terabytes of data that appears to include personal information on hundreds of millions of American adults, as well as millions of businesses. While the precise number of individuals included in the data isn't clear—and the leak doesn't seem to contain credit card information or Social Security numbers—it does go into minute detail for each individual listed, including phone numbers, home addresses, email addresses, and other highly personal characteristics for every name. The categories range from interests and habits to the number, age, and gender of the person's children.

"It seems like this is a database with pretty much every US citizen in it," says Troia, who is the founder of his own New York-based security company, Night Lion Security. Troia notes that almost every person he's searched for in the database, he's found. And when WIRED asked him to find records for a list of 10 specific people in the database, he very quickly found six of them. "I don’t know where the data is coming from, but it’s one of the most comprehensive collections I’ve ever seen," he says.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
contrary to what a lot of you guys are saying i do not believe that in 20 years we will be subjugated by machine elites.

there's just going to be a bunch more touch screens, everywhere, with software that doesn't fucking work properly, which is why they're going to keep a bunch of people hired and standing around on the floor doing nothing because all they are told to do is say hi to people and reset the machine when it inevitably stops working properly.

people sitting down everywhere

tons of people with completely useless AI/"biomechanical" mods on their bodies, like magnet abilities and LED implants that react to the newest electronic wifi wave and shit

chicks with dicks everywhere, and people having sex with them openly

people in worse health because of healthcare industry being the only thing that actually binds people to money

people more or less being entirely controlled by the sex industry

all stores wil just be fucked up all-in-one hybrids, like more hellish pharmacies

EDIT; so abasically things will stay the same

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
contrary to what a lot of you guys are saying i do not believe that in 20 years we will be subjugated by machine elites.

there's just going to be a bunch more touch screens, everywhere, with software that doesn't fucking work properly, which is why they're going to keep a bunch of people hired and standing around on the floor doing nothing because all they are told to do is say hi to people and reset the machine when it inevitably stops working properly.

people sitting down everywhere

tons of people with completely useless AI/"biomechanical" mods on their bodies, like magnet abilities and LED implants that react to the newest electronic wifi wave and shit

chicks with dicks everywhere, and people having sex with them openly

people in worse health because of healthcare industry being the only thing that actually binds people to money

people more or less being entirely controlled by the sex industry

all stores wil just be fucked up all-in-one hybrids, like more hellish pharmacies

EDIT; so abasically things will stay the same

This. Totally accurate.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sylvie your foresight is inline with the Idiocracy Timeline. That movie is the future...

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I've never actually seen that film.

I'm only speaking out of bluntness and how I've seen the world progress since the 90s. People are fucking obsessed with touch screens. It doesn't even make any good sense in any situation that isn't an artistic/playful, work, or restaurant type environment. Smart phones are gimmicks with useful tools on them. They would be 100x more useful and expandable if they had keyboards attached to them, but stupid people are only interested in how small and flat they can get their stunted computer rectangle phone and how neat it is that there's no buttons, not what they can actually do with it when utilized as an incredibly powerful and small computer.

So in the near future we'll probably be staring at tons of touch screen kiosks in PharmacyMart aisles that use some mechanical arm or ticket system to retrieve products for us, as a super typically fucking retarded attempt to prevent shoplifting. Kind of like how I walk into a pharmacy in the modern day, find that certain products are locked behind glass on the shelves right next to their cheaper alternatives which are NOT secured, and I have to walk around looking for and yelling for a fucking lazy fatass employee who is doing nothing but watching the automatic buying machine break or gossipping with their fellow fat lazy fuck. It will be more of that.