Deep black DB 15m ports for neo geo consolization

aarkay14

n00b
Dear All

I m in the middle of consolizing an MVS and the issue that I am facing is that I m mot able to find those deep black db15 male ports to use for the controller pads... Can anyone help me on how to source them?

-Rama

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Dear All

I m in the middle of consolizing an MVS and the issue that I am facing is that I m mot able to find those deep black db15 male ports to use for the controller pads... Can anyone help me on how to source them?

-Rama

Why no use standard 15-pin ports? they work fine.

J-P

NEST Puppet
I'll second that - couple of other random solutions: there's a very old guide on how to construct custom male db15 plugs here too if you want to go down that route. Alternatively you can mod some famicom extension cables as they have those 'deep' male db15 plugs.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You don’t need deep ones but if you prefer them, you can remove them from the larger 1 slot boards.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
In general, consolized 1-slots simply don't have them. That controller port style is on real SNK hardware only.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'll second that - couple of other random solutions: there's a very old guide on how to construct custom male db15 plugs here too if you want to go down that route. Alternatively you can mod some famicom extension cables as they have those 'deep' male db15 plugs.
That's for the controller side. Anyway I have done this before and it is surprisingly extremely time-consuming. Unless saving a few bucks is worth it to you just buy some suitable cables and hack those up instead.

To the OP: Perhaps you could mount normal depth ports so they sit within the case instead of sticking out of the case, and recess them a bit with some washers or some sort of spacer.

Last edited:

aarkay14

n00b
Thank ypu all for the responses.. I understand.. I am also trying to find a way to interface them SNES or Genesis controllers to neo geo.. Do you guys know how to interface them? Maybe using arduino or any other circuits :( I m unable to find this anywhere..

-Rama