Serious question- How many of you people have tattoos?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Why, how important and what do they really mean to you?

I've been asked for years why I don't have any. I understand to some point why people do but as an artist I'm not happy with a simple drawing that I did 12 hours ago.

If it's a family memorial type thing, or military thing that makes sense to me. However all this seemingly random stuff is baffling. Some of it is really fucking good from an artistic standpoint that I am jealous. Still, not a good idea.

Most of us aren't young anymore. Can't wait to see how my turkey neck with my area code in roman numerals looks in 10 years. Represent what?

So many attractive women ruined with those hideous chest pieces or matching stuff on every single place that stretches. Hips, tits, thighs.

Last edited:

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
I've got several tattoos. Most of them are grateful dead related stuff. I mean they really are not all that important. I feel like a whole bunch of people think way too much about tattoos. Just find something you won't hate in 10 years and go at it. Make sure the work is good and doesn't look embarrassing and that you can cover them up for work with minimal effort. Life is too short to stress over how they will look in decades to come. Just my 2 cents.

This just made me think. I had to take a work trip to my home plant and some idiot there had a confederate flag tattoo across his entire head. So don't do some stupid shit like that lol.

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
No ink here.

The folks with multiple tats all over their body, from a distance tend to look like a walking road map.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
@rgarldjdhj550 Yeah, but you're a dumbass piece of shit. You will care.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
@rgarldjdhj550 Yeah, but you're a dumbass piece of shit. You will care.

I mean it's been a long time since I started getting ink. Let me put it this way. When half your coworkers have face tattoos it's pretty easy to look good lol. That's the beauty of tattoos, taste is all subjective. If you end up happy with it and it can be concealed who really cares what you get.

Something to the younger crowd. Touch-up is a bitch. Figure that into your choices for tattoos. I see so many 20 year olds getting full sleeves and the amount of upkeep they are going to do is pretty rough.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Tattoos are for try hard fagits! Its even worse on a woman!

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
However all this seemingly random stuff is baffling.
So many attractive women ruined with those hideous chest pieces or matching stuff on every single place that stretches. Hips, tits, thighs.

Agreed and Agreed.
My body is my temple and no tattoo shall stain it.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My biggest thing is, what would I want forever? I really coudn't see anything on me in that sense. My wife has several tattoos and they have meaning to her which I do respect. But otherwise, some of them seem silly to me.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
nope!
learned that lesson from the old man. :D (he's covered in them.)
you can't get shut of identifying marks if on the lamb.
besides, a bitch to remove.
@ barry7000.
why dude?
why the FOOK do you shred your body, SCREAM like at a torture sesh, then thumbs up afterwards?
fuckin loony sadists. :p your bodies.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
What I've wondered is that how pissed off the hipster guys with full sleeves are going to be in a few years time when tattoos are no longer 'in'

I mean, you can shave the wino beard/child molesterer mustache, grow out the Hitler jugend haircut and ditch the Nonperscription glasses, but you're pretty much stuck with the tattoos.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have a tattoo on my penis to remind me to wash my hands after masturbating. I'm so forgetful at times!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I see tattoos the same way as Adolf Loos did. Ornaments, that look best on those, whose culture is linked to them for ages. I never felt that link.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't care if you have tattoo's but it's just not my thing. I've thought about them but I just can't come to a conclusion on what I would want drawn on me, what is that important? who cares? I don't give a shit what people think so it's certainly not for show so why would I want one if I have nothing to imprint on myself for myself? might as well just draw a picture and display it on my wall if it's that important.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah I worked with a chick that looked like Anglenia Jolie from Hackers that had tats on the inside of her wrists (computer code) and a few other people that begged me for tat designs. They were all the same old BS, even now. Old english and scrimshaw chest pieces. Butterfly around their nips. Video game shit. I'm not gonna be responsible for that garbage.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I've got 6 with no regrets currently, but I guess who knows about the future. I like to think they tell a story, even if it's just a snapshot in time of who you are/were.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Some people wear them really well but ultimately I'm not the same person into the same things I was into ten years ago. And that's always been deciding factor on holding off getting one.

I do appreciate the style and vision involved in quality tattooing, Simon Erl for example. It's interesting to read about the history of tattooing, old school artists too.

My dad always told me only sailors and criminals have tattoos but times have changed. With abundance comes shit and that's all I see irl, shit tattoos day in day out on the shittiest of people who will be walking talking stilton in 30 years time. I blame David Beckham :keke:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't have any tattoos nor have I seriously ever considered getting one. Just not my thing. I had to get a MRI at the hospital earlier this month, and tattoos can potentially cause problems with that if the ink used had metal in it (which is generally only a problem for the ink used on older tattoos, not more modern ones, which are better regulated), so, from that standpoint, I'm glad I never got any.

I used to dislike tattoos on women, but, as I've gotten older, my stance on that has changed and now I find tattoos on women attractive.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I've got 6 with no regrets currently, but I guess who knows about the future. I like to think they tell a story, even if it's just a snapshot in time of who you are/were.

Well put, Tweek. I feel the same way.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
No tattoos.

You know what's what dumber though? Those ear gauge things. The fuck is the appeal there?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
No tattoos.

You know what's what dumber though? Those ear gauge things. The fuck is the appeal there?

I dunno, I'd rather have the largest gauges than still live at home in my late 20's collecting CDi and comics, but I guess to each his own will have to work in this situation too?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I dunno, I'd rather have the largest gauges than still live at home in my late 20's collecting CDi and comics, but I guess to each his own will have to work in this situation too?

giphy.gif

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Don't forget unironically watching fake sports with half naked men in it.