Neo Geo AES - Black screen rolling static

Sega Rhea

n00b
Finally got my NeoSD in yesterday. Got the sd card setup like I should, with the .neo files in the proper place. I don't have any other "games" to test, but my Japanese Neo Geo AES doesn't seem to want to boot. I know I'm using the correct PSU. All I get is a black screen with some buzzing through the audio, with some light rolling static on my crt. No sound other than that. I'm not terribly familiar with the AES, only having had a consolized MVS in the past. So I'm not sure what could be going on here. Any pictures needed, please let me know and I'll provide. Thanks.

Sega Rhea

n00b
If I mess with the power adapter's port, it will change to forest green, blue or black. No image, cart or not in the slot, no audio.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
hello!
have tried a dry boot without any cartridge in?
also, clean the cartridge socket on the console for good measure.
it's likely you may need a working game as a baseline of reference if unable to proceed with any effect.
as for neosd, just gonna point out the obvious.
make sure it's cartridge teeth are immaculate, assuming the mcsd is correctly prepared.
the cartridge without any mcsd should still give a boot screen of it's own if there's no media inserted...
just by this post, you haven't got that far yet.
all the best. :D

Sega Rhea

n00b
hello!
have tried a dry boot without any cartridge in?
also, clean the cartridge socket on the console for good measure.
it's likely you may need a working game as a baseline of reference if unable to proceed with any effect.
as for neosd, just gonna point out the obvious.
make sure it's cartridge teeth are immaculate, assuming the mcsd is correctly prepared.
the cartridge without any mcsd should still give a boot screen of it's own if there's no media inserted...
just by this post, you haven't got that far yet.
all the best. :D

Thank you. SD or no SD card, no image appears. If I move the PSU around, sometimes it changes to a dark forest green screen. Otherwise, no picture or sound at all.

I sent it back to the seller for repair. When moving it around, I noticed something rattling around in there. Something might have come loose in transit. Fingers crossed, I'll keep you posted. But yeah, I figured SOMETHING should have been on screen .

dnava84

n00b
Thank you. SD or no SD card, no image appears. If I move the PSU around, sometimes it changes to a dark forest green screen. Otherwise, no picture or sound at all.

I sent it back to the seller for repair. When moving it around, I noticed something rattling around in there. Something might have come loose in transit. Fingers crossed, I'll keep you posted. But yeah, I figured SOMETHING should have been on screen .

I am having the exact same problem. I sent my back, got a new one and still same. Have you had any luck in the last few weeks?

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
I know you are sure about having the correct PSU but this doesn’t tell us if you are aware of 5v consoles versus so-called “9v” consoles (originally shipped with 10v or 11v adapters). If you got the correct adapter for a 5v console and yours is a 9v console, you will have issues. It’s safe to run a 9v console at 5v but not vice versa. Also, it won’t work. ;) A functional console with the right voltage/polarity PSU should show a solid, stable, blue screen when powered without a cartridge.