Looking for an arcade shooter from 90's, name unknown.

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This might be a long shot, but I'm trying to find the name of a shmup that I played briefly at my local 7/11 when I was about 7-8 years as old. Early nineties.

All I remember is the first level boss that crawled out from underneath desert sand and this upbeat techno boss music. Sorry guys but thats all I remember.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Sorry guys but thats all I remember.

At least give us the orientation (vertical/horizontal)... if it was horizontal with an apocalyptic theme, then it could have been Metal Black (Taito|1991).

Compare here:

Spoiler:

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
At least give us the orientation (vertical/horizontal)... if it was horizontal with an apocalyptic theme, then it could have been Metal Black (Taito|1991).

Compare here:

Spoiler:
It was vertical.

RAIDEN seems like it might be it. But would like to see if anyone other knows other games like that.

Thanks guys

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
All I remember is the first level boss that crawled out from underneath desert sand and this upbeat techno boss music.
Did that boss have a flamethrower that shot "upwards" towards the screen?

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Did that boss have a flamethrower that shot "upwards" towards the screen?
Don't remember, but what is the name of it maybe if I look for it on YouTube to see game play. Thanks

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I don't remember either, was hoping someone else knew. (lol)

Anyway, for some other games with desert bosses on stage 1, try Ashura Blaster, Gun Frontier, Metafox.

Last edited:

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't remember either, was hoping someone else knew. (lol)

Anyway, for some other games with desert bosses on stage 1, try Ashura Blaster, Gun Frontier, Metafox.
Dude you nailed it. It was Metafox!!! Though it only has two songs that replay over and over the whole. Maybe that's why I remember it. But the it's not techno, but more like Japanese punk. Now maybe with some luck, I can find the board.

Thanks everyone.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Dude you nailed it. It was Metafox!!! Though it only has two songs that replay over and over the whole. Maybe that's why I remember it. But the it's not techno, but more like Japanese punk. Now maybe with some luck, I can find the board.

Thanks everyone.

Just wanted to say, ever since Rot said it...every time I read your name I read it as "ovalfuckstix".