MVS 4-Slot issues: Pixel garbage and constant resetting.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I recently restored my big red 4-slot rev 3 cab, and now it won't work correctly.

When I turn the machine on with a cold boot and no carts, I'll get the standard crossline screen asking to do a soft RAM reset or inspect the RAM. Note that its running UniBIOS 3.2.

On a cold boot with any carts, I'll get the Neo boot jingle, then it will go into a rapid reset loop.

After turning it off and on again right after, with or without carts, it will either give me graphic garbage and do nothing, or it will do the rapid rebooting again.

Every once in a rare while it will boot the cart properly, but reset within a minute or two.

None of the electronics were disconnected except for a few on the coinbox, which I made sure were connected correctly when put back together.

Any ideas?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Can you measure the power getting to the board?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I figured out the problem. One of the grounds wasn't connected to the Select Game button, and the old EL panel hardware was freaking out. Re-crimped the ground wire with a new female disconnect, and installed Lee's LED marquee kit. Everything is working great now.