Weekly Roundup 4/22/18

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Had a pretty productive week and finished the main stories on the following 3DS games:

Shovel Knight
Mario Kart 7
Project x Zone 2

Shovel Knight was fun and lived up to the hype, Project x Zone 2 was a little too repetitive and way too many hours for me- I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4:

GT Sport, my driver rating is still stuck in C, I've thought of buying a steering wheel :D

DS2 SotfS, everything done but the frozen wastes

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
NES: Trog - I liked this much more than I thought I would. I played it with a 5 year old who is just getting into games and has had some Pac-Man experience. It adds some fun ideas to the maze-chase formula, but I don't think I'll be playing it again any time soon.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - finished both the companions and thieve's guild questlines. Going to progress the main story for a bit before getting distracted by sidequests and the dark brotherhood.

3DS
DK Country Returns
Fire Emblem Echoes - great FE game and i love the dungeon crawling aspect of it.

RetroFreak
Sonic 2
SMB 3
Mega Man X2
Darius Plus

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
neo geo

kof 03
metal slug 4

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Neo Geo
KOF 96
Spinmaster
Puzzle De Pon

Switch
Breath of the Wild

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
GENESIS:

Alien Soldier - Been using my 3 button arcade stick for almost every game on Genesis and this game really feels perfect for it. Unfortunately this game has a weird control layout that you cant change. For me it made the game needlessly uncomfortable (C being jump / dodge is horrible). Fortunately i got tipped off on Reddit that there was something called a Tyco Power Plug

https://segaretro.org/Power_Plug

i grabbed one cheap on ebay and gave it a shot.

This thing allows you to do some pretty cool things including remapping buttons. So for Alien Soldier i can easily swap A > C and C > A. making the layout A jump / B shoot / C weapon change. Feels way better to me. Game totally feels like a 2D Devil May Cry and I love it.

Trouble Shooter Vintage (english patched version)

Also messing around with Alisia Dragoon and Gunstar Heroes a little bit but probably wont really dig in to those till I finish the two above.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Super Metroid, DKC, and SMW2

Still having a tough time with Draygon. Played and lost to that boss 3 times and remembered all the tips to beat him back in the day, destroying the turrets and the grappling beam electrocution. I also have an incredibly difficult time with the Glacial stages at DKC now. My son tells me I’m not good anymore. I’m inclined to agree.

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
GBA
Metroid Fusion - I beat the spider boss, now I'm trying to figure out how to run past the Samus clone without dying... which is tough.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
GBA
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

GBC
Survival Kids

NES
Crystalis

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
NDS:
- Away Shuffle Dungeon
(This game will just not end. Every time I think I'm on the final dungeon, it isn't!)
- Brain Assist

GBA:
- Donkey Kong Country 3
- Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land
- Riviera: The Promised Land

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
GBA
Metroid Fusion - I beat the spider boss, now I'm trying to figure out how to run past the Samus clone without dying... which is tough.

If it's the part where you have to jump over a bunch of barriers, as long as you don't get caught up mid jump it's passable. Also be on the lookout for hidden paths with your bombs, there are usually multiple ways to hide

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
PCE:
FX unit Yuki: The Henshin engine - Got my copy earlier this week and played through it this weekend. Really fun game. Stage 5 was the highlight. Both in gameplay, and music

PS4:
Dragonball Fighterz - still trying to determine if Broly is good enough or not

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Super Metroid, DKC, and SMW2

Still having a tough time with Draygon. Played and lost to that boss 3 times and remembered all the tips to beat him back in the day, destroying the turrets and the grappling beam electrocution. I also have an incredibly difficult time with the Glacial stages at DKC now. My son tells me I’m not good anymore. I’m inclined to agree.
Today I went back to Super Metroid. Beat Drayon after another try, took me two tries to beat Ridley which surprised me because I thought it would take me a lot longer than that. Then I headed off to Tourian and beat Mother Brain. Got the second best ending, surprised it took me so many years before I finally beat it.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
saturn

marvel vs street fighter
metal black