Consolized Neo Geo on Aliexpress, thoughts?

Hello everyone, I'm new here and thought this would be the best place to get advice for obtaining real Neo Geo hardware.

My first experience with the Neo Geo began when I bought a Dingoo A320 (basically an emulation handheld), Samurai Shodown II instantly became a favorite.

Shortly after I came across an ad on GameStop's site that caught my eye, it was the Neo Geo X handheld. When it was released with a price of $200 I held off and snagged the Gold Limited Edition for $100, but the emulation was kinda crummy and there were only a handful of games. On top of that I think mine is the model that will brick if you try to install the firmware update.

I decided I wanted a real Neo Geo, but the AES and its games were out of the question due to price. I soon learned the MVS with the 161 in 1 cart was the most cost effective way of enjoying the Neo Geo but the consolized version was $400 (now $600 with HDMI). I kept an eye on the Neo Geo CD for a couple years hoping for a reasonable price but even with a couple good deals I was never able to pull the trigger as CD based systems are prone to failure and the load times were annoying from what I've read and the CD-Z being too pricey.

I gave up and tried emulating it on Xbox, PC and the Raspberry Pi but its just not scratching the itch.

A couple days ago I came across a YouTube video about a consolized Neo Geo MVS from Aliexpress for about $250 after shipping. I'm very anxious to buy one, but I'd like some opinions on this.

What are your thoughts on it?, it appears to be real Neo Geo hardware inside as well.

I suppose I could have just bought a board and a Jamma harness, but I want something compact that I can connect to my TV without a mess of wires.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Ugh not another person who can't use the search function.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My thoughts echo the others, search function is needed.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Search function sucks imo

3rezp4.jpg

My first day on the forum and already I'm really disappointed with the "community". I did check the search box and it was pretty much useless regarding my post, I was asking what are peoples current thoughts on it who owns one from Aliexpress.

Next time instead of 4 posts telling someone to use the search function try to offer help if you can or don't bother because more than likely they already searched the topic. I wont waste my time with this forum again.

What is it with certain forums and egos? :lolz:

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
My first day on the forum and already I'm really disappointed with the "community". I did check the search box and it was pretty much useless regarding my post, I was asking what are peoples current thoughts on it who owns one from Aliexpress.

Next time instead of 4 posts telling someone to use the search function try to offer help if you can or don't bother because more than likely they already searched the topic. I wont waste my time with this forum again.

I provided you a link to where it is being discussed. Is that not offering help? You won't last here if your jimmies were rustled by this.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Honestly if you had searched about the forum you were joining, you wouldn't be whining. ;)

This isn't Facebook where you post about your latest purchase, we have a community thread for that.

If this was something new, it would have gone in news and rumors.

Again this isn't Facebook so duplicate threads catch heat especially for old news.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Bye.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,

3rezp4.jpg

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Lol, he got out fast. He wouldn't last here anyway with that kind of mentality 😂

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I provided you a link to where it is being discussed. Is that not offering help? You won't last here if your jimmies were rustled by this.

You hid the link with search function. This is Autism Awareness Month after all.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well this guy took it to heart didn't he? haha what a fuckin joke.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Looks like you all have this one covered.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Jesus some people just can't handle some ribbing.