Verne Troyer, 'Mini-Me' dies at 49

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Alcohol addiction....I'd be curious to know just how much alcohol he was drinking.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
RIP Verne

Thanks for the laughs!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nooo!

I've been working on a script for a film with Verne Troyer as the lead role! Michael Myers was going to be in it too.

Now it's never going to see the light of day. Damn you, Verne Troyer (RIP).

EDIT: If anybody is curious it wasn't going to be an austin powers sequel. Here is the only hint I will reveal

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Damn...verne troyer, barbara bush, and aviici all in the same wekk

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
It's sad, but if I were him I'd probably have a drinking problem, too. Shit, I'm a reasonably normal and successful guy, and I still drink too much. Still, he got to experience more of the good life than most other people in his condition, so you can't feel too bad for him.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's sad, but if I were him I'd probably have a drinking problem, too. Shit, I'm a reasonably normal and successful guy, and I still drink too much. Still, he got to experience more of the good life than most other people in his condition, so you can't feel too bad for him.

Can you imagine strangers yelling 'Mini-Me!' at you every day of your life that you're in public for 19 years

That sounds like hell

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear Verne is gone. He got to enjoy a fair amount of fame, but I imagine that his life was still pretty tough given his situation. He did have a boozing problem. I remember, on the season of Surreal Life that he was on, he got pretty blitzed one night and was driving around on his scooter butt-naked and pissing on the wall.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Can you imagine strangers yelling 'Mini-Me!' at you every day of your life that you're in public for 19 years

That sounds like hell

That's what it's like for every celebrity. Bob Saget has strangers yelling "SAGET!!!" at him every day, yet I don't see him drinking himself to death. And let's be real. Verne Troyer was going to be the focus of unwanted attention from strangers in public whether he was a famous actor or not, but at least this way the attention was largely positive.