Makvision Monitor question Neo 4 slot

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hey Guys, I recently picked up a 4 slot that had a WG K7000 that needed some work I sent that off to be repaired and decided to throw my Makvision 3M25 into the cab tempoarily.

The Makvision uses a VGA connector plug so I purchased an adapter to convert the pinout from VGA to CGA. i'm having some V-HOLD issues my guess it's due to the V sync on the VGA plug? does the Neo only need H sync? The picture comes in clear and it does a slow crawl I can get it to settle down adjusting the V-HOLD pot but it will start scrolling again. I'm pretty new to this stuff and couldnt find too much info on the Makvision being hooked up to an actual cab and not a MAME machine. I did find a post about a member who jumped the ground to the H sync on the RGB side but that just kills the picture for me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If you are wiring directly into vga with no conversion board, you will have issues. The mvs jamma connection only says sync not V or H sync There are a few converters out there to use. Do a search of the form for some favorites. By the time you search and buy one you will hopefully have you monitor back. This is what I was using on my super gun until I bought a 2 slot cab. After I capped and fixed some other problems on the monitor chassis I couldn't be happier.

I was going to go with an LCD, but the converter board was a big draw back to getting the look of a good monitor.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hey Hines62 thanks for your answer. i'll look into that. I received the repaired chassis back with new caps and flyback and the picture is still pretty bad I think my Tube is going. so I may permanently put the Makvision in my cab.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
just an update on this,

I purchased a a CGA to VGA adapter similar to what Hine62 posted I was able to get a "non scrolling" image but it seems like the CGA board really only likes working in 800X600 resolution and my Makvision doesnt support that so i'm getting a little interference on the top of the screen. i'll post a video of what i'm seeing. it's not game breaking by any means i'm able to enjoy the cab as is but it' more of an annoyance than anything.

Last edited: