The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Did you watch the video? I'm just putting it out there.

Some of it, images of the Neo Geo mini have been around for a couple of weeks (even posted it this thread a few pages back) yesterday’s news only confirms what was mostly already known. This tin foil hat is only click baiting.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It would be cool if someone gathered all of the roms on he list including the bios and put it all togethernin a folder to see the file size. I’m just wondering if it would be close to a standard SD card size.

Then the numbered pattern of the game list if it makes sense when looking at it via a games menu or selection screen. Laying out the games 5x8 or 2x20 4x10 etc

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Anything is possible, but this really does appear to be identical to the unit depicted in the photo from SNK's press release from last year (posted earlier in this thread):

miskgf_3.jpg

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2017/113001/

Regarding the reordered button layout shown in the leak, that's anybody's guess. Could just be an error from the unit proposal images/mockup.

Last edited:
I really can't stand that guy. In every video he makes he tries he tries to find "issues" and theories abound.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I just really, really, really, really, really wish there was a large bartop sized version of this.

Good luck doing any kind of decent combos with a tiny joystick and tiny buttons smooshed together so closely.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
The game list I'd like to see:

1. Art of Fighting
2. Art of Fighting 2
3. Art of Fighting 3
4. Blazing Star
5. Burning Fight
6. Cyber Lip
7. Fatal Fury
8. Fatal Fury Special
9. Garou: Mark of the Wolves
10. Kizuna Encounter
11. Last Resort
12. League Bowling
13. Metal Slug
14. Metal Slug 3
15. Metal Slug X
16. Nam 1975
17. Neo Turf Masters
18. Ninja Master’s
19. Puzzled
20. Real Bout Fatal Fury
21. Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 The New Comers
22. Riding Hero
23. Samurai Shodown
24. Samurai Shodown II
25. Samurai Shodown V Special
26. Sengoku
27. Sengoku 2
28. Sengoku 3
29. Super Sidekicks 3
30. The King of Fighters ‘94
31. The King of Fighters ‘98
32. The King of Fighters 2002
33. The King of Monsters 2
34. The Last Blade
35. The Last Blade 2
36. The Ultimate 11: SNK Football Championship
37. Top Hunter
38. World Heroes 2
39. World Heroes Perfect
40. ZuPaPa!

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I just really, really, really, really, really wish there was a large bartop sized version of this.

Good luck doing any kind of decent combos with a tiny joystick and tiny buttons smooshed together so closely.

Yeah, a full size version would be great. I'm sure it wouldn't be too tough to put one together since this thing has an HDMI out, but it'd just be adding a custom expense to whatever this thing is going to cost.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
it's important to remember these things are made for one purpose: CASH GRAB

I love all the wishful thinking and I also have wishes for it. But at the end of the day, it's a cash grab and will be either:

A.) Just good enough
B.) terrible

There are no other options IMO, SNK is not what it used to be and nobody cares about legacy or fans at all. All that said, I will blindly buy this.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
it's important to remember these things are made for one purpose: CASH GRAB

I love all the wishful thinking and I also have wishes for it. But at the end of the day, it's a cash grab and will be either:

A.) Just good enough
B.) terrible

There are no other options IMO, SNK is not what it used to be and nobody cares about legacy or fans at all. All that said, I will blindly buy this.

An AES mini could really go a long way, and dare I say, would prolly sell out rather quickly.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
would be neat to play at work.

Boss: I've noticed your productivity has dropped off lately. What are your thoughts on this?
Employee: Neo-Geo Mini.
Boss: I see. You've been promoted and here's your 10% raise. I cannot look directly at you by the way because my head will explode.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Of course the new "SNK" can't even get the NGCD pads right. They put all that R&D into a white one, yet couldn't figure out that most people interested in this product would probably prefer what they've gotten used to years ago.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Just waiting for pre order to open. This item will be out of stock!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm fine with this as long as the emulation is perfect.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
An AES mini could really go a long way, and dare I say, would prolly sell out rather quickly.

Good chance the Neo Geo X fucked that up, they probably wanted to avoid confusion with that clusterfuck

I would have preferred that too

Its a neat idea, whether its better in theory remains to be seen. The game list is solid enough, some obvious omissions but decent. A mute point though since odds are its hackable. Should have made it big enough to have the traditional button layout though.

If its under $150 I'll probably get one.