The Neo Geo mini is coming...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
the white CD pad looks awesome.

KOF 95 and 97 over 96? thats odd. also missing pulstar, magical drop III, and NTM.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I don’t like the fact the button arrangement isn’t the same as the Neo CD pad on either the mini or the new pads.

Yeah, if the pads are quality I want to pick up one of each, especially with USB-C maybe compatible with Switch and use on the go for ACA Neo Geo titles as well

the white CD pad looks awesome.

KOF 95 and 97 over 96? thats odd. also missing pulstar, magical drop III, and NTM.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wow, I'm disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything super professional but if your going to mimic a actual Neo Cabinet at least use a decent joystick and buttons and use the Neo Geo Color Scheme for the buttons and sticks. Shit looks like my kids mini Q-bert arcade game that I sometimes kick around when she leaves on the floor.

Which adult here with adult hands can actually play on this thing? Why not just make a Mini Neo Aes like the Nes or Snes classic with two controller ports and make replica Neo Old Style sticks.

I'm also getting sick of people like this youtube guy mentioning the prices of Neo Games and how this thing is a deal because it offers 40 games, like this device is going to offer the same genuine experience as playing on original hardware. Better off downloading the roms for free or if your not into that, download the ps3/ps4/switch roms.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I love the white CD pad! And the game selection is good. Everything else blows.

The hardware looks goofy and unplayable. And what's the point of a 3.5 inch screen? Just put it in a box with HDMI out at that point...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm interested but I could just as easily pass. Hackability and quality will be big factors.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
interest in mini = zero

Interest in a usb cd pad if it has legit internals = high

Wonder if they will sell just the pads

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
This would make nice interactive decoration for your house at best

I'd play it though, if the emulation was spot-on. It would be awfully cute on my desk next to my PC. Hell i may even set it up at my place of work

please dont fuck up the emulation....

they already fucked up the button layout... well maybe it'll work ok...

Last edited:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I don’t like the fact the button arrangement isn’t the same as the Neo CD pad on either the mini or the new pads.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Wouldn't they want to replicate the accessories like Nintendo's mini consoles? I feel like replicas of the original accessories play into the nostalgia of the buyers. Feels like back in the day. Then again, how many people have used or even remember Neo Geo CD pads. They might be common place to us, but the average person they are targeting probably won't notice or even care. It still would be interesting to know why they did it.

Last edited:

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I hope they do it like Nintendo with both different from one another in Japan and N. America. I'd like to see a red cab for the state's. Never seen a white one before in my life.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
I Then again, how many people have used or even remember Neo Geo CD pads. They might be common place to us, but the average person they are targeting probably won't notice or even care. It still would be interesting to know why they did it.
I agree with this. In both video’s I have seen so far with this and the comments. Everyone act’s like the controllers are new and have never seen them before. Also they fail to mention they look like the neo CD pads.

Kiken

Camel Slug

Yeah, they went with this odd A-C over B-D layout... I guess to give KOF a Capcom-esque button formation (punches over kicks with weak attacks on the left and strong attacks on the right)? Problem is that it's kinda awkward for just about everything else... unless this unit allows you to easily remap buttons.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Weird that the 1st Samurai Shodown is not on the list but the mini marquee for it is on the mock-up unit.

ni-ten

War Room Troll
Weird that the METAL SLUG MINI includes other Neo Geo games as well.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
The connectors on the back frighteningly resemble the ones on the Neo Geo X.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
It's missing TSS, raaahhh !!! At least it has MS3 and Blazing Star.

The button placement bothers me a bit ... I prefer 4 buttons aligned, and it feels cramped with the joystick. I hope you can simply plug a controller to play instead of using it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What? couldn't recreate the actual cabinet style? They went half way with the blue mini marquee topper and logo and ran out of fucks to give.

shadowtek

n00b
I'm pretty happy with it over all and I like the two controller ports for HDMI play on a large screen. I'll probably have to pick this little guy up, I'm sad it's not more of a "new" console or barcade but I figured that was probably a pipe dream.