Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Meat View Post
    I want to be wrong, but I have a bad feeling that we're getting something like this:
    PRO GEAR SPEC

The explosion on the bottom of that cab looks like it's from Metal Slug actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    ugh... concave buttons.
    Agreed. Concave buttons are really only good on certain controllers imo, like the SNES X/Y etc and NES square controller. It is one reason I prefer it over the dogbone. Button mashing feels a lot better on there vs dogbone.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    The explosion on the bottom of that cab looks like it's from Metal Slug actually.
    Aw, shit, you're right! I think we found the leaked prototype.

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

Quote Originally Posted by rcantor77 View Post
    So this just got tweeted earlier today by SNK Japan...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SNKPoffic...86502679015424

And translated it says...
    This year, SNK brand celebrates 40th anniversary. A new game machine that contains popular titles of NEOGEO will emerge, expressing gratitude to all fans who support SNK's works such as "KOF" "Legend of Fatal Family" "Samsupi" "Metasura" ! Please stay tuned. The Future is Now!

Looks like they are planning a Neo Geo mini...
    Why that arcade machine wearing a burka?
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Shame, it does look like they're just going for a new gimmick with this one.

The Neo Geo X had the portable-dock dynamic, but I think most folks just played it on their TV. This one might try the mini arcade form factor for the sake of novelty, but watch it get all its playtime via HDMI out.

All they had to do was copy Nintendo's approach and put some solid effort in polishing the execution. They could even have been first to let people go online to buy new games, leveraging their success with the ACA releases.

Well, if you lower your expectations, you will not be disappointed.

Neo*Geomancer

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrian View Post
    Shame, it does look like they're just going for a new gimmick with this one.

The Neo Geo X had the portable-dock dynamic, but I think most folks just played it on their TV. This one might try the mini arcade form factor for the sake of novelty, but watch it get all its playtime via HDMI out.

All they had to do was copy Nintendo's approach and put some solid effort in polishing the execution. They could even have been first to let people go online to buy new games, leveraging their success with the ACA releases.

Well, if you lower your expectations, you will not be disappointed.
    I don't think this thing will have HDMI out.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Yodd View Post
    I actually received an email 2 weeks ago from the supposed team working on this and they asked if I wanted to take a look at it. I told them I did and then I kinda forgot about it:

This morning they reached out to me again since now the cat is (I guess) outta the bag. We will see if (and what) they deliver.

Did they ever give you any more details?

LOL canned email, I know others that got that same email.
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Ryo's Student

LOL canned email, I know others that got that same email.
    Of course it's canned. Do you expect them to write a personalized letter to each video creator and blogger they want to cover their product?

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Of course it's canned. Do you expect them to write a personalized letter to each video creator and blogger they want to cover their product?
    Yes. I'm more butthurt I didn't get one.

You will be butthurt when I take the little Neo mini, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Kula's Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You will be butthurt when I take the little Neo mini, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass.
    It will make him and his friends scream for joy.

New Challenger

I wonder if they will make region variants of it like the SNES mini. Would be cool to have a big red and a candy cab variant..

Worlds Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar

Metal Slug people worked on In the Hunt.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtek View Post
    Did they ever give you any more details?
    I got the same email....

It's all very weird atm in the SnK scene... luckily we have awesome weirdoes here who will show them a true path to Glory...

aka. Psychotic ramblings of our memberbase...

xROTx

ネオジオ

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    I got the same email....
    that mail is quite weird indeed...I asked details to my SNK contact, will share more details hopefully after the GW.
    Last edited by massimiliano; 05-02-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

We all know this is going to end up being a POS and we will ridicule those who buy them.

ネオジオ

Ok, initial feedback from head of marketing, is that this is likely hoax/scam mail, but they need to verify internally and it is the Golden Week you know. He is gonna report the thing to his boss and will keep me posted.
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Baxter McMuggle

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    We all know this is going to end up being a POS and we will ridicule those who buy them.
    Agreed. In an age of practically perfect emulation where you can play teh romz on a vacuum cleaner, the likes of SNK(lol) has to throw down something pretty spectacular to make a real statement. Anything less will be bollocks
    Igs waz here

Quote Originally Posted by massimiliano View Post
    Ok, initial feedback from head of marketing, is that this is likely hoax/scam mail, but they need to verify internally and it is the Golden Week you know. He is gonna report the thing to his boss and will keep me posted.
    Looks like a couple guys out in the desert built some machines and claim they're official. SNK is suing them claiming they're not official and stealing intellectual property. These guys are claiming in defense that SNK gave them the rights to be a third party publisher, and SNK just forgot and called the FBI for no reason. They presented a piece of paper with letterhead as evidence even though part of the case against them alleges what these guys do is print forged pieces of paper to look authentic.
    Discounted shipping, even for your private buy/sell/trade threads on the forum. No membership fees.

Crazed MVS Addict

Neo geo mini info leaked.

Kind of disappointed but over all looks pretty good. 3.5 in screen and portable. HDMI out and two controller ports. am fan of the Neo geo CD controller so happy about that, but Would have also liked an arcade stick as well. So hope the make them well and not with cheap plastic. the 40 games list is pretty good as well. but still missing good titles. Only time will tell if this is true but if its not its a damn good fake.
    02792761-8251-4A27-8B7A-2ACA7FA17674.jpeg
    3869A4E5-727A-4ED4-B433-F4B08CA86937.jpeg
    White is nice
    469B386E-BF44-4005-88E1-83A5A987FFA9.jpeg
    Games list
    0F8A5F83-0B6E-4E2A-BDED-8F5CD6A5B061.jpeg
    Last edited by Neogeoman106st; 05-03-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Leona's Therapist

Quote Originally Posted by Neogeoman106st View Post

Kind of disappointed but over all looks pretty good. 3.5 in screen and portable. HDMI out and two controller ports. am fan of the Neo geo CD controller so happy about that, but Would have also liked an arcade stick as well. So hope the make them well and not with cheap plastic. the 40 games list is pretty good as well. but still missing good titles. Only time will tell if this is true but if its not its a damn good fake.
    Well.... I don't know. Kinda cool but a stand alone system with out the screen may have a better investment. Games are solid though.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I think it actually looks pretty cool. The CD pads look great. Games list is pretty good too. Would like to see Baseball Stars 2 and Aero Fighters 2, but that list is very solid considering the NES/SNES classic systems were around 20 games each.

I was hoping for a 5 inch screen, but still interested in it - now jus want to know the price and how the emulation is (hope the manufacturer is not Atgames). I think the $129 - $150 guess from the video is most likely correct. Do like the extra Neo Controllers, wish they would release Neo Sticks as well - hopefully the pads and if they do sticks are good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Neogeoman106st View Post

White is nice
    469B386E-BF44-4005-88E1-83A5A987FFA9.jpeg
    Games list
    0F8A5F83-0B6E-4E2A-BDED-8F5CD6A5B061.jpeg
    Neo-geo Forums References:
    Dakingofazamunda
    Neogeo2k2
    Dojosky
    Unplanned
    B.I.G.Pyche