The Neo Geo mini is coming...

-SD-

Camel Slug
Can you imagine if they released an actual cab? How many of you would buy one?

If they did a run of replica SC-19-4s with a lag free 4:3 LCD I’d buy one. Awesome looking tiny cab, always wanted one.

ePjwZDc.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'd be in. The "Raw Thrills" company has done pretty well for itself with modern original arcade releases. SNK could offer some nice competition in this market.

Because we need more roller coaster simulators and hunting games in the world.

Or maybe another shit driving game like Fast and the Furious or Batman.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Nope, that’s fan made. What we’re getting isn’t that cool...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If the price is right, I'd be very keen to have one as a desk ornament. Neat that they say it can be hooked up to your TV, though I wonder what that means for using as a controller. No one is going to hook it up to a big screen and use that tiny joystick.

If it were me, I'd release two editions. One would be the small version this will be, and the other would be a proper sized bartop with at least a 13" screen and a two player control panel.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Because we need more roller coaster simulators and hunting games in the world.

Or maybe another shit driving game like Fast and the Furious or Batman.

lol yeah exactly.

That's why I would love to see if SNK could compete and raise the current bar for modern arcade titles. It's all budget titles based on popular IP's and cell phone game ports anyway. SNK won't ever do it, but it would be cool to see them enter the market imho.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
If the price is right, I'd be very keen to have one as a desk ornament. Neat that they say it can be hooked up to your TV, though I wonder what that means for using as a controller. No one is going to hook it up to a big screen and use that tiny joystick.

If it were me, I'd release two editions. One would be the small version this will be, and the other would be a proper sized bartop with at least a 13" screen and a two player control panel.

Yeah but they are going by what sells and these days it's the super deformed editions of consoles that are hot. Nintendo started it now we're getting an MD mini and now this toy. Wait another few years for something official that hooks up to your tv properly

shadowtek

n00b
The AV out is interesting, but what would be the controller the entire console with stick or maybe it's detachable? I'm hoping there is also a USB or port/plug for a secondary controller so you can get some good two player action. It would be kinda cool if they released a new "old" control stick again.

The wait is so crazy, I wish they'd go ahead and release specs and details already. Desk ornament is nice, but not exactly playable for any real fun. I'd hope it was a appropriately scaled 4:3 ratio screen (10 inch lcd or larger) with USB inputs for external sticks. Or like Fygee said release two versions, one for ornament sake and the other more like a mini bartop

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
how about people buy an MVS/CMVS and some games?

That sounds like it would be better than speculating what pile of shit SNK is going to release.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
90B1038B-5BE0-49D9-99FD-329AF7C7C4AF.jpeg

Bartop style monitor for bartop play.

All the guts, av out etc will be in shell of a classic neo-geo controller. Extra 2pl controller (Bluetooth/wired) available

Last edited:
While I can't speak for others, at least for myself I'd like to support SNK Playmore with their future products to show that we are indeed interested and willing to purchase their goods. That said, pending price point:quality ratio. (I want to support them, but still want a quality product).

That sounds like it would be better than speculating what pile of shit SNK is going to release.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Probably have the same hype cycle as Neo Geo X.

This is amazing
I'm totally getting this.
THis emulation is good
This emulation is now deemed crap
This video signal is not RGB CRT so it sucks.
I hate this thing.
This thing was always stupid.
Make forum to troll it.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Probably have the same hype cycle as Neo Geo X.

This is amazing
I'm totally getting this.
THis emulation is good
This emulation is now deemed crap
This video signal is not RGB CRT so it sucks.
I hate this thing.
This thing was always stupid.
Make forum to troll it.

People jump to conclusions with emulation quality before really knowing whether it is or not. People also get overly anal about it as well. Best to use your own judgment.

The NGX had far worse problems with the video than that. The composite was absolutely, completely horrendous and looked like a big purplish smudge. The HDMI had the sound channels reversed, and looked like someone went crazy with the pixel filters.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
How is this even playable? Does it come with tweezers to hold the stick with? (That's what she said.)

Edit: Seriously though, that's just a scale model. Right? RIGHT?
652b4ac1-5552-45cb-aca8-f25f9933704e_1.5caccefbf456fa6c5b0783cae25f8628.jpeg

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those interested, here’s the context for that photo depicting the gold version of the neogeo mini unit:

“...As a result of this collaboration, a Saudi Arabian character and stage will appear in the SNK fighting game, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV, as a part of the digital content releases going forward. GE presented Mr. Bader Al-Asaker with a special gold version of the NEOGEO mini, which is a product designed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the SNK brand.”

source: https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2017/113001/

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
It will play all games from the card and CD library.

It will output RGB.

RGB will display very minor noise, only noticeable to the most hardcore.

Mass recall. 2nd PCB revision. Excellent company response going above and beyond.

2nd PCB revision will exhibit other insignificant issues.

Mass outrage.

I've seen this show before.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
bartop would be surprising to see , i was just kind of hoping they would copy nintendo and make a mini version of the aes with a few dozen games with good emulation and good quality controllers. A mini MVS bartop system would be expensive.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Hope Tomo stays away.

Fygee

20 Year Member

Because it requires a lot more work and expense to do so.

This isn't targeted for enthusiants like us to use as a primary way to play games. For us it'll be a (hopefully) fun collector piece and novelty. For everyone else, it'll be a quick and easy way to play some SNK games, while also continuing to introduce the Neo library to a larger, more mainstream market. Or, it could just end up being a forgotten trinket.

Besides, who knows if it's even getting released outside of Japan? That and it makes more business sense to model it after the big red cabs for the Americas, and the Euro cabs for Europe.

Last edited:

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Time to start guessing what this 6" tall unplayable mini arcade cabinet is going to cost.

My guess: $79.99 Gonna be an expensive desk ornament, I think. Also, I'm guessing that 2-Player is out of the question.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I’m thinking a few more details on what you’re actually paying for would be appropriate before even attempting to guess how much it’s going to cost...

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I’m thinking a few more details on what you’re actually paying for would be appropriate before even attempting to guess how much it’s going to cost...

Probably. Still, I think it'll be built to a cost to fit in line with all of the other offerings in this space right now.