Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neo Geo mini is coming...

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    To make the NeoGeo Mini a Christmas Ed. and not just a Holiday Edition is a marketing misstep. It shouldn't have any association with any particular religious belief.
    You're missing the bigger picture that no one anywhere asked for ANY holiday-themed version ever.

Meanwhile, they had the opportunity to do the Big Red version that thousands of consumers DID ask for, and they missed it. Came really close, but not quite.

Also, someone on twitter brought up the point that the buttons and top of the joystick on both the unit itself and the controllers are gold. Gold plastic has a history of becoming brittle over time to the point it shatters at the merest touch. Grown men who collect children's toys call this phenomenon "GPS", or Gold Plastic Syndrome. I have no idea if the riddle of gold plastic has been solved in the past however many years, but it's something to consider.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

So has thing been hacked yet or not?

Also that Xmas one is fucking hideous. Game list is pretty good tho...

To make the NeoGeo Mini a Christmas Ed. and not just a Holiday Edition is a marketing misstep. It shouldn't have any association with any particular religious belief.
    It's barely a religious holiday outside the bible thumping USA.

You think Japan associates Xmas with Jesus? Nope, it's about chubby Americans buying stuff they can't afford.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Iori Yagami's Manicurist

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    Nope, it's about chubby Americans buying stuff they can't afford.
    Hehe... the Pithecanthropus Computerurus in action.

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    Nope, it's about chubby Americans buying stuff they can't afford.
    What? I thought that's what this forum was about.

Morden's Lackey

Below is a nice little video with hi-res clips of all the games feat. on the Neogeo Mini Christmas Ed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prd80wA8600

Hardened Shock Trooper

I got the Neo Geo Mini. I think it’s overpriced and should at least have a built in battery. And why the fuck did they mess with the button placement? And the controllers were cheapened.
    Despite all that it still looks fucking rad on my coffee table.

“Yup and it's boxed up and ready to go, would have had it out to you yesterday but I got shitfaced with my nieces fiancee. Like really shitfaced.”
    ~terry.330

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by White Devil View Post
    I got the Neo Geo Mini. I think it’s overpriced and should at least have a built in battery. And why the fuck did they mess with the button placement? And the controllers were cheapened.
    We only mentioned every thing you brought up like a million times in this thread. We are now on the 39th page.

NG.COM TEMPTRESS

you are the definition of a chump. do you have a framed Nintendo Power #1 hanging up in your Man Cave as well? Maybe 20 or so Pop! figures that you bought at your local retro store?
    i am sylvie i am up to no good

Rugal's Thug

Neo Geo Mini Hannukah Edition?

Hardened Shock Trooper

Looks like Ben Heck is probably going to improve the design.

https://youtu.be/y2mkHTdN4w0

“Yup and it's boxed up and ready to go, would have had it out to you yesterday but I got shitfaced with my nieces fiancee. Like really shitfaced.”
    ~terry.330

New Challenger

Looks like Ben Heck is probably going to improve the design.

https://youtu.be/y2mkHTdN4w0
    I don't know about improve.. I guess what he is building with it will be better than that shitty neo geo x thing.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    you are the definition of a chump. do you have a framed Nintendo Power #1 hanging up in your Man Cave as well? Maybe 20 or so Pop! figures that you bought at your local retro store?
    I thoroughly enjoyed that word painting.

Morden's Lackey

It looks like SNK themselves have scalped this item out of my hands; scarcity (15,000 units worldwide) + $ (about $190.00) is too deterring. I guess I should thank SNK for saving me $.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/...49873397792769

Maybe in the future we'll get a proper AES Gold mini called the 100 Mega Shock Edition with 100 preloaded games in a cart-style clam-shell carry-case, SNES classic HDMI quality, and Neo-Geo Pad with classic button placement.

Also, a limited Neo-Geo Mini AES x Akira 2019 Red Color themed edition next year would be neat. I know Akira has only influenced SNK with games like Last Resort and KOF 2001, etc. but as Akira takes place in 2019 this would be a cool collaboration. How cool would it be to have the box this would come in adorned with NG characters illustrated by Katsuhiro Otomo? I'm thinking a package illustration similar to the PC Engine Shuttle.
    Last edited by KRONOS; 11-18-2018 at 11:20 AM.

If I could have
    My time back
    I'd keep it in ma' pants

It looks like SNK themselves have scalped this item out of my hands; scarcity (15,000 units worldwide) + $ (about $190.00) is too deterring. I guess I should thank SNK for saving me $.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/...49873397792769

Maybe in the future we'll get a proper AES Gold mini called the 100 Mega Shock Edition with 100 preloaded games in a cart-style clam-shell carry-case, SNES classic HDMI quality, and Neo-Geo Pad with classic button placement.

Also, a limited Neo-Geo Mini AES x Akira 2019 Red Color themed edition next year would be neat. I know Akira has only influenced SNK with games like Last Resort and KOF 2001, etc. but as Akira takes place in 2019 this would be a cool collaboration. How cool would it be to have the box this would come in adorned with NG characters illustrated by Katsuhiro Otomo? I'm thinking a package illustration similar to the PC Engine Shuttle.
    Why stop there? Let's get Stephen Spielberg involved as well (there were SNK characters in his movie "Ready Player 1"). Heck, why not also get Capcom on board and have them also make a CPS2 mini, but with the capability to do link-up play with the Neo Geo mini for some real crossover tag battles!? Only then could we unlock Sylvie's special KO where her top comes off when she falls in the water. Fuck, let's go the full 10 yards... ROTs nipples embossed on the inside of the Neo Geo/Capcom mini and only the hackers (like Bendover Heckendorn) who open the case will be rewarded with that special special fanservice.

Come on man... Let the creative juices fly (wear goggles)!

Hardened Shock Trooper

Why couldn’t SNK do this?

https://youtu.be/lJomuuq4QZ4

~terry.330

Rugal's Thug

Now that looks much better.

NEST Puppet

Wow, this guy should help SNK with their next project.

Science will find a way!

I love Ben Heck's hacks but he has not been doing them like he did in the past; this is a nice return to form. I think he is working with multiple companies now so it takes away from awesomeness like this.

Galford's Armourer

Yeah, it’s nice to see Ben going back to what he does best... not a bad looking little project.

Make the control board into a pcb and release the 3d printing files and id be over this like a cheap suit
    George is mine

Is there any hope the NeoGeo Mini will be hacked? I want attract modes to start automatically and cycle between the roms, like the actual cabinet. I don't want to manually have to choose every rom.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarexmd View Post
    Is there any hope the NeoGeo Mini will be hacked? I want attract modes to start automatically and cycle between the roms, like the actual cabinet. I don't want to manually have to choose every rom.
    Yea, someone will eventually hack it but who cares?

Morden's Lackey

Just to reiterate the influence of Akira on Neo-Geo software. Kinda sad this blogger seems to be hanging it up though..

https://vgdensetsu.tumblr.com/post/1...to-the-king-of

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Just to reiterate the influence of Akira on Neo-Geo software. Kinda sad this blogger seems to be hanging it up though..

https://vgdensetsu.tumblr.com/post/1...to-the-king-of
    That was a great read. Thank you for sharing the link. Man I love Daraku Tenshi! I really hope that Zerodiv comes through and releases it on the switch!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Thread Information