The Neo Geo mini is coming...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
123►Genei-Jin;4327440 said:
I personally don't mind swapping carts and It's still faster than loading games on the NeoSD.

I don't mind it, too, but c'mon... this loading issue is a myth. I hardly notice it.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
I don't mind it, too, but c'mon... this loading issue is a myth. I hardly notice it.

I guess it was more of a problem with the initial releases, specially with the bigger games. The newer PRO version with different game slots seems a lot better.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Damn, the International Mini is heavily censored ;__;

Censored games I tested so far:

• Metal Slug
• Metal Slug 2
• Metal Slug X
• Metal Slug 3
• Metal Slug 4
• Metal Slug 5
• Samurai Shodown IV
• The King of Fighters '95
• Fatal Fury Special
• The Last Blade 2

Samurai Shodown 2 is uncensored when you switch to Japan in the options.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
6twPOcEl.jpg

(via Tony Mora at NGFL FB group)​

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I've already decided I don't want this anymore, but now SNK is putting up some mini event in a department store not too far from where I live, and among whatever else they're showing/selling there, they'll be selling the mini and its accessories. Even not wanting it, I could have a moment of weakness if I see it in person.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
If they made an arcade1up type product that looked like a smaller big red with 40 games for 300-400, i would buy that shit in a heartbeat.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
This is so sad to see happen. Even after the Neo Geo X I had hope. But after now buying a lot of these games on the Switch and then playing them on a friend's mini, it's heart breaking. How do PORTS, fucking PORTS of games work, look, control, and sound better than the official Neo Geo machine? It's still neat and I may buy it if it gets cheap, but this had such an opportunity to put out something amazing and instead gave us a half-assed mini system.

Gaoh

New Challenger
This is so sad to see happen. Even after the Neo Geo X I had hope. But after now buying a lot of these games on the Switch and then playing them on a friend's mini, it's heart breaking. How do PORTS, fucking PORTS of games work, look, control, and sound better than the official Neo Geo machine? It's still neat and I may buy it if it gets cheap, but this had such an opportunity to put out something amazing and instead gave us a half-assed mini system.

It's hilarious knowing that SNK replied to Metal Jesus by stating microswitches is hard to make, but yet so sad to know that Tommo knew what they were doing all along.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

You sound surprised.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I've already decided I don't want this anymore, but now SNK is putting up some mini event in a department store not too far from where I live, and among whatever else they're showing/selling there, they'll be selling the mini and its accessories. Even not wanting it, I could have a moment of weakness if I see it in person.

In what department store will this event take place?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
It's hilarious knowing that SNK replied to Metal Jesus by stating microswitches is hard to make, but yet so sad to know that Tommo knew what they were doing all along.

Fuck that cock sucking faggot Metal Jesus. He's a fucking hack and a shiller with zero clue what he's talking about.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I played my homie's international NG Mini the other day. I don't see what's so bad about this.

Yes, it sucks that they botched the controller, but the stick has enough resistance that it's still decent to play on. I had an acceptable run on Magician Lord with no mistakes that I could reasonably blame on the controller.

All in all, I was impressed by the device. Maybe I'm just too easy on SNK? Looking forward to getting mine, in any case.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I played my homie's international NG Mini the other day. I don't see what's so bad about this.

Yes, it sucks that they botched the controller, but the stick has enough resistance that it's still decent to play on. I had an acceptable run on Magician Lord with no mistakes that I could reasonably blame on the controller.
I don't think anyone thinks there's a problem with the stick for games like Magician Lord. The problem with the stick is for fighting games, which is 15 of the 40 games on the International version, and more than half the games on the Japanese version. So it's a pretty big problem.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I hope SNK sees that chico logo. We need to tweet that at them a few times.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
the fact that the videos I've seen show shadows flashing erratically/inconsistently and fucking page tearing?! Garbage.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
the fact that the videos I've seen show shadows flashing erratically/inconsistently and fucking page tearing?! Garbage.
I haven't seen the page tearing you're talking about, but that could be the video.

But inconsistently flashing shadows (and other flashing effects) is a longstanding problem in emulation of Neo games. Try finding a decent version of the Fatal Fury 3 opening on youtube. Can't be done.