The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've changed my mind. After thinking about this more and more, I'm passing. I've got better shit to spend my money on.

C'mon, it's not even out, so don't give up hope, yet. If the emulation is crisp, the popularity will inspire some homebrew custom looks to turn grey into a nice big red appearance in no time. Of course, if not, then even good looks won't help and the "I have diarrhea" banners will once again shine through...

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
If I had to make a bet, I'd say the emulation will be terrible because no one will notice on that cramped 3,5" screen.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
My 2 cents:
- The JAP version looks cool, as a decoration piece in your gaming room
- The USA/EU version looks like shit

So I probably won't buy it.

It make me smile to see the Neo Geo logo popping up again in gaming news and to see SNK coming out with a new product and all, but frankly I'd MUCH rather see them direct their resources toward the development of new current games (sprite-based or other) that has that same old Neo-Geo attitude, rather than having them pull the nostalgia heart-strings with toys like these.

Jontox

Quiz Detective
What it could have been ...

il_fullxfull.1207002567_hmgo.jpg

https://all3dp.com/3d-printed-cabinet-turns-nintendo-switch-into-neo-geo-arcade-machine/

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The fact that the non-japanese version is basically an afterthought does not instill any faith in this product. Probably something cool to put on your shelf, but that's about it.

I'm gonna pass on this one.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
The fact that the non-japanese version is basically an afterthought does not instill any faith in this product. Probably something cool to put on your shelf, but that's about it.

I'm gonna pass on this one.

I read somewhere they wanted the international version to have an AES feel to it.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I read somewhere they wanted the international version to have an AES feel to it.

Even then, they still missed the mark.

Keeping production costs low is the single reason these are almost identical (albeit weak color scheme on the intl version)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Never heard so much belly-aching. The design is cool.

I always played on a big red too, but by no means does the design need to be that.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
C'mon, it's not even out, so don't give up hope, yet. If the emulation is crisp, the popularity will inspire some homebrew custom looks to turn grey into a nice big red appearance in no time. Of course, if not, then even good looks won't help and the "I have diarrhea" banners will once again shine through...

No I'm seriously passing. This is a cash grab and nothing else. Better to just buy these games on the Switch or go all out with a NeoSD. This shit isn't worth it.

And no you two dorks above me are missing the point. They copied the design of a JP Arcade Cab for the Japanese unit. They should have kept with that idea and copied what we all know was the "Big Red" Model. The grey is just falling short of the idea and look of the American arcade cab design we've all known for years.

I'm pretty sure the emulation is gonna be shit along with the fact they could have easily put the entire Neo*Geo library on it is even more fucking gross that they didn't. Fuck this thing.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

What a load of shit answer that is. They couldn't be fucked doing anything else and made the executive decision to not give us the same one as Japan. Also, fuck this thing.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
They probably put 40 games on the mini, to go along with the whole 40th anniversary thing.

I think it looks pretty cool. The only problem is that it looks too small. I wish they had made it a little bigger. [that’s what she said]

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
What a load of shit answer that is. They couldn't be fucked doing anything else and made the executive decision to not give us the same one as Japan. Also, fuck this thing.

Aye. What's the point of the international model looking that way? It makes no fukken sense. If this is a company proudly paying homage to its own rich history and reaching out to a generation who where playing the games at the time, then they failed horribly.
As it stands it's as fake as SNK

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They need to fix that button layout, or I can see myself rewiring it. It's too bad Neo Turfmasters isn't included so far, because I can see that game working with mini controls, unlike action games. You can always plugin a controller though.

The ability to buy and download more games will really put this over the top. I can see kids wanting this system, which I think could make it a winner! In that regard, the design is great.

I did not buy the Nintendo mini systems, but I will definitely buy this. Probably only because I'm a huge Neo fanboy though. I already have all the games.♥

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Last edited:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
SNK will host a Neo Geo Mini Online Presentation Event in early June, where it will share the latest news on the recently announced hardware, the company announced.

Fans are being asked to share what they would like to know about Neo Geo Mini with SNK on Twitter. The company is accepting questions until May 28 (Japan time).

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp

https://gematsu.com/2018/05/neo-geo...-event-set-for-early-june#5LT12YcbpH8YDDJS.99

Definitely need to ask about the controller layout choice.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Definitely need to ask about the controller layout choice.

Controller Layout needs to match either an NGH Stick or a Neo*Geo CD pad. Changing it up is just fucking lazy and I hope to god someone calls them out on that color choice.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Gaston originally posted this in another thread and marked it as being misplaced, but I wanted to include it here for those who did not see it:

neo geo mini fb photo.jpg

Thanks Gaston!

Last edited: