The Neo Geo mini is coming...

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
The kid in me would love mini marquee sticker packs I could get to apply my favorite marquees, and they'd be shitty and the corners wouldn't lay right because I'd keep peeling them and applying new ones.

Shoutout Southtown Homebrew.

Juju_37700

n00b
Does not looks great at all. They should do like Nintendo with the Mimi NES/SNES. Very good replica of console and controllers. Good emulation as well. So I do not understand why this tiny arcade bar top. Neo Geo AES Mimi with a full set and that’s all we wanted. Rather soon that later it gonna be hacked, so give the full set.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Full set mimi is my choise allso

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
If this thing was thirty-ish dollars, I'd buy it for the novelty factor. Anything higher and it's a hard pass. Shame they didn't decide to do a bartop or AES mini.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Can't wait to try and pull off an Orochinagi in KoF only to have the whole thing flip on the side.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Not sure how I feel about this yet. I’m a little surprised they didn’t go with a mini-AES design, but going with an MVS design with a built-in screen is at least somewhat unique.

The real question is how good the emulation is, aspect ratios, and such. If that stuff isn’t spot-on, then there’s no point IMO. I gotta say, it doesn’t look terribly comfortable to use without a plug-in controller tho.

Let’s see the full game list, pricing, and availability, and see where this goes.

Last edited:

shadowtek

n00b
Well as far as weight goes, looks like it's 1.3 pounds, so it's half a pound heavier than the 3DS XL and double the weight of a 3DS. So it feels like it's intended more to be in your lap or on a table rather than a handheld. Dimensions are 5.25 inches by 4.25 inches by 6.25 inches, and 1.3 pounds or 600 grams.

Also, now I can't help but wonder if it's going to take like 4 C Batteries or have a rechargeable battery pack or if it has to be plugged in while you play haha.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Who plays neo-geo solo anyways? Arcade games solo are boring.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I love the look, but not the colors ... Also it seems to be very small if you use the screen size as scale. The stick with the left thumb could be ok, but it feels cramped for the buttons.

And I'd be very surprised if it's at 100$ or under.

Oh, and no Puzzle Bobble is a shame !

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
If it has an HDMI out and controller ports so I don't have to use that shit screen and shit stick, I'd consider it. Otherwise, it's a child's toy.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Who plays neo-geo solo anyways? Arcade games solo are boring.

Depends on how you play them and what goals you're after.

To me it's:

Credit feed to see the whole game
-> Try to clear with 3 credits (that's how many I did get when I was a kid)
-> 1CC
-> Go for highest score

Before you even get to 1CC a game it will take you quite a while and it's going to be challenging. If you're not into this kind of stuff, I wonder why you're even bothering with the neo-geo at all.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Hopefully the controllers are good quality and work well on a computer. Could be good for emulation.

Gaoh

New Challenger
Does not looks great at all. They should do like Nintendo with the Mimi NES/SNES. Very good replica of console and controllers. Good emulation as well. So I do not understand why this tiny arcade bar top. Neo Geo AES Mimi with a full set and that’s all we wanted. Rather soon that later it gonna be hacked, so give the full set.

I mean they tried, it's a mini arcade cabinet, granted not what everyone expects, but they first started out with cabinets then taking it to home with consoles, if this becomes a success, I am sure they will release the other systems in mini style format, I mean Nintendo did start with the NES first, just give it time for the others to pop up.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I mean they tried, it's a mini arcade cabinet, granted not what everyone expects, but they first started out with cabinets then taking it to home with consoles, if this becomes a success, I am sure they will release the other systems in mini style format, I mean Nintendo did start with the NES first, just give it time for the others to pop up.

I mean, what other SNK systems do you expect them to release, I mean the Neo Geo X was a failure, what others will pop up, do you mean a mini NGPC?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Gaoh is hoping for a hyper 64 mini.

Juju_37700

n00b
I really don’t think there will be an other try after this one. If it failed, it’s over for years. I mean when they said that they will do a mini, I think but maybe I’m wrong here, everybody thought about a mini AES not a mini cabinet arcade thing like here. So I really hope for them it will work and sell well but I have doubts.