The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Well the International one looks like shit compared to the Japanese model.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I can't believe people are getting excited enough to already say they are buying both and we really don't even know all the details yet. Both of them look like a heap of shit to me. I don't want to count it out just yet, but I have zero expectations. Honestly I am not a huge fan of mini consoles to begin with. It all comes down to how the emulation turns out and how decent the controllers are. I think the chances of both being spot on are little to none. Either way it will probably just be shelf eye candy for most buyers.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Apparently this is huge news. Page one on the Briefing app. This thing has to be a failure now that Elon Musk is involved :keke:

dffada.png

capnd77

Marked Wolf
What a disappointment, I think most were hoping for a more premium item. Oh well, If it's super cheap I might consider it as a novelty purchase.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I read somewhere that the price target is $100. If they can do that, they should have no problem selling a bunch of these. I just hope they manufacture enough, so that they don’t all get bought up by scalpers.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Looks like fun, but I hope we’re not looking at two different game lists for the japan and international versions...

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I hope we’re not looking at two different game lists for the japan and international versions...

That would suck - SURELY it's the same. But they do love to give Japan something exclusive, typically.

I'm definitely in for one, just out of morbid curiosity. The international version is definitely boring in comparison. When are these supposed to drop?

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Not particularly excited about emulation boxes in nice cases, but I kinda dig the cab-shape factor on this one. At least they tried something different than the other minis.
Now, I'd much rather take the jap colored one. Too bad Puzzle Bobble won't be included in this one, it would be the best game to play with those tiny controls.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
International one should have looked like a Big Red...or maybe a Goldie :)

I'd never play on it, but HDMI out and controller support is interesting though it will likely be disappointing...

Nice shelf candy though...

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I'll probably order the Japanese one just import it. I'm sure controllers will work in both regions. Maybe it will be hacked with expandable storage; like the SNES mini was.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
I'm more interested in the CD style controllers to be honest. Wondering if it will be the exact same old design that will wear off the base and internal stick or if they came up with something better (very unlikely though)

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
123►Genei-Jin;4293165 said:
I'm more interested in the CD style controllers to be honest. Wondering if it will be the exact same old design that will wear off the base and internal stick or if they came up with something better (very unlikely though)

Yeah, I'd be interested in converting these to a DB15 connector to work with a real Neo Geo. Really hoping they went with a more serviceable type of switch inside for the joystick.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Two different game lists? This is SNK were talking about here. I'll be shocked if this machine doesn't include the same game twice.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'll buy an MVS cart on my list instead of spending the money on this thing. Between the tiny screen, Fisher-Price stick, and cheapo buttons, it looks unusable. Yeah, it has HDMI out and CD controllers (probably for extra $$$) but at that point I'd just plug in my supergun. Even if I didn't have a supergun, I'd rather just buy most of these games on VC.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I'm more looking forward to the possibility of getting in a few rounds of Match of the Millennium on this thing, whilst actually being able to see what the fuck is going on....

Yeah, I'll most likely pick up both if possible if they're $150-200 each.... especially as I want to pick up a white and black Neo Pad (since they're USB-C hoping they'll be compatible with Switch to use with ACA Neo Geo Titles).

I'll be buying both versions. I love it.

muxirszwnhzrdzwk3xqh.jpg

gmrimjk9yz03a1culwwa.jpg

rvri8wmlcdudhap1l0su.jpg

atgckwhbazvqfqfvasmu.jpg

kyr4e2q66edi3uggkh4c.jpg

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The more I stare at this thing, the more playable I think it might actually be. If you hold it as you would a GBA SP - and it's not too heavy...could be a slightly gimmicky but highly playable little handheld that you can't put in your pocket. It also explains the oversized balltop, if you rest your thumb on it. Curious to mess with it.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
The emulation and HUD will definitely play a huge part on this. It definitely needs at the bare minimum scaling/aspect ratio options (for the HDMI output of course), region select options and also the ability to choose between MVS/AES.
Oh well, if not, as long as it is easily hackable then it will probably be fine.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm not getting excited about this, it looks fuckin shit.

Same. I can't understand why people are losing their shit over this.

At this point in time, SNK could release a fart in a jar and people would get excited here.