The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I’m quite disappointed no enterprising Chinese matey has started knocking out Neo•Pi cases using the X moulds. After all, the NESpi and SNESpi cases exist...

The 'fake' x controllers are even recognized by the pi as being the Tommo ones. China doesn't care about lawsuits!

I wouldn't mind this if it came to fruition, wish they'd just release more details.

My pure speculation is that it will be about as tall as an AES controller stood on it's side but not as wide. The main controller/joystick and buttons will be attached to the Screen/Back cabinet part and it will have a built in Screen that is about 3-4 inches(about the size of a post-it note, maybe a tad larger). The joystick and buttons will be in between NeoGeo Pocket color and AES controller size. So smaller but not tiny. On the back will be HDMI out, as well as USB input for power and 1 or 2 USB plugs for external controllers/dongles. So you can do 1P on the system itself or 2P will be with a secondary connected controller and 1P will have to use the controller attached to the console. I'm hoping they just make the controller detachable, or have a secondary controller port but I'm guessing they might not because cost, so P1's controller is the system itself. I think the system will retail for $99.99-129.99 and if they sell secondary controllers those will be $24.99-29.99 and they will be USB full size options like the X had. I'm guessing it will come with 40 built in games and no built in expansion of that until it gets hacked. I'm hoping you don't have to hold the system while playing on HDMI on a screen so hopeful for a dedicated 1P and 2P port on the back.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’m sure shadowtek has some mean ideas on the new Neo Geo Mini. But I can’t be arsed to read something without paragraphs.

shadowtek

n00b
I’m sure shadowtek has some mean ideas on the new Neo Geo Mini. But I can’t be arsed to read something without paragraphs.

Just for you :D

My pure speculation is that it will be about as tall as an AES controller stood on it's side but not as wide. The main controller/joystick and buttons will be attached to the Screen/Back cabinet part and it will have a built in Screen that is about 3-4 inches(about the size of a post-it note, maybe a tad larger).

The joystick and buttons will be in between NeoGeo Pocket color and AES controller size. So smaller but not tiny. On the back will be HDMI out, as well as USB input for power and 1 or 2 USB plugs for external controllers/dongles. So you can do 1P on the system itself or 2P will be with a secondary connected controller and 1P will have to use the controller attached to the console. I'm hoping they just make the controller detachable, or have a secondary controller port but I'm guessing they might not because cost, so P1's controller is the system itself.

I think the system will retail for $99.99-129.99 and if they sell secondary controllers those will be $24.99-29.99 and they will be USB full size options like the X had. I'm guessing it will come with 40 built in games and no built in expansion of that until it gets hacked. I'm hoping you don't have to hold the system while playing on HDMI on a screen so hopeful for a dedicated 1P and 2P port on the back.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you're going to charge money for a consolized MVS then you have to connect the stereo audio.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
I remember about a month ago I started a thread in general discussion asking whether or not SNK would ever release new hardware. Guess I have my answer now.

Will SNK ever release another console?

Thoughts? Or maybe a NeoGeo AES Mini? (NOT the NGX!)

Hope it isn't made by AtGames.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I remember about a month ago I started a thread in general discussion asking whether or not SNK would ever release new hardware. Guess I have my answer now.

What a strange life you live.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
everyone's got it all wrong its a Neo-geo CD mini with double the loading times and the translation for samsho RPG. proudly Presented to you by ATgames

Last edited:

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
So I seen today you can hack the SNES mini with a external USB or hard drive. It does in fact play Neo Geo games. I really bet it plays on the same platform. So is that better than a Raspberry Pi?

I must admit I'm really intrigued about this. I hope it is what that golden mini picture looks like. Cuz I think that looks really neat, and tight.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So I seen today you can hack the SNES mini with a external USB or hard drive. It does in fact play Neo Geo games. I really bet it plays on the same platform. So is that better than a Raspberry Pi?

I must admit I'm really intrigued about this. I hope it is what that golden mini picture looks like. Cuz I think that looks really neat, and tight.
For neo it would be the exact same as the pi, as neo games on the classic would be running either the FBA or Mame core from Retroarch, just like a Retropie installation. The only advantage of the SNES mini is that Nintendo's built in SNES emulator is better than any SNES emu that will run on the pi.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
They should just rerelease the NGPC.

THIS.

Put all the roms on it. Use a better screen. $59.99. Sell overpriced accessories (eg. zippered carrying case. one with blue interior, and a limited edition with pink interior) Sell color variants etc.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Will SNK ever release another console?

Thoughts? Or maybe a NeoGeo AES Mini? (NOT the NGX!)

Hope it isn't made by AtGames.

I wouldn't be patting yourself on the back. Do you interpret the NES and SNES Classics as *new* hardware? It' new. And it's hardware. But it's not new hardware. It's not a new platform. It's not something that will have support beyond the launch.

As long as we can hack it and put our library of NES and SNES games on it. :rolleyes: I feel like SNK will get it right this time. They have $$$ and they know how shitty the NGX was.

Last edited:

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
As long as we can hack it and put our library of NES and SNES games on it. :rolleyes: I feel like SNK will get it right this time. They have $$$ and they know how shitty the NGX was.

I want to be wrong, but I have a bad feeling that we're getting something like this:
mini-arcade-machine.jpeg