The Neo Geo mini is coming...

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm hoping it's either A. An official mini system with HDMI, original style controllers and spot on emulation, or B. A surprise 40th anniversary system that is a reproduction/reprinting of the AES full scale with built in games but also the ability to play carts all over HDMI.

No.

J-P

NEST Puppet
If that picture with the sheikh is anything to go by... it looks like a mini-arcade (a lá Tiny-Arcade). Which sucks cawks. A proper sized bar-arcade machine would have been nice; with like, actual hardware or FPGA (never gonna happen).

Not entirely surprising that fans put the time in (i.e; Super NT) but actual companies just end up releasing glorified Raspberry pi's with shitty emulators (Neo Geo X anyone, Sega with at-games?). They're just putting toys on the shelves of manchildren collectards at this point, so I doubt they care as long as those idiots keep scooping that feces up like the starved nerd-tards that they are.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I found a pic of the Neo Geo mini:

neo_mini.jpg

shadowtek

n00b
If that picture with the sheikh is anything to go by... it looks like a mini-arcade (a lá Tiny-Arcade). Which sucks cawks. A proper sized bar-arcade machine would have been nice; with like, actual hardware or FPGA (never gonna happen).

Not entirely surprising that fans put the time in (i.e; Super NT) but actual companies just end up releasing glorified Raspberry pi's with shitty emulators (Neo Geo X anyone, Sega with at-games?). They're just putting toys on the shelves of manchildren collectards at this point, so I doubt they care as long as those idiots keep scooping that feces up like the starved nerd-tards that they are.

This is 100% accurate, also made me literally laugh out loud when I read manchildren collectards haha.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
no way this will be anything good - if it is a cool/decent bartop mini I might bite...but this will more than likely suck

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Yeah, and everyone's already shitting on the VCS, given it's just a generic Linux box, that can play some 2600 games and stream games from a PC, which is really, really underwhelming and typically Atari.

Usually overhyped things suck. Since virtually everyone talks shit about the VCS then obviously it will be a roaring success.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It's a table top with a neo 19 "hood" design. Supposedly the joystick detaches. I can't make out the other mini marquees, but the last one is for sure KoF 97.

*Edit* looks like the first one is Sengoku 2 or Mag Lord and KoF 02 is the second one. That's an odd mix of games.

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
You guys are thinking about the profile of the cover all wrong:

IBM-PC-XT-CGA-24.jpg

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It's a table top with a neo 19 "hood" design. Supposedly the joystick detaches. I can't make out the other mini marquees, but the last one is for sure KoF 97.

*Edit* looks like the first one is Sengoku 2 or Mag Lord and KoF 02 is the second one. That's an odd mix of games.

Sawce?

Also, if true, I wonder if they'll make a big-red version for the US market. Would be cool to have one that looks like the rev 3. cab in bartop/tabletop form.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Sawce?

Also, if true, I wonder if they'll make a big-red version for the US market. Would be cool to have one that looks like the rev 3. cab in bartop/tabletop form.

There is a picture of it posted above....just zoom in.

For the lazy
Screenshot_20180419-114942.png

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Can't wait for all you freaks who own a NeoSD to make a big fuss trying to buy an emulator box.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
They could have played it safe, made something normal people would want. But no. The fuck is going on here? Stillborn. SNK died 18 years ago

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
It's probably going to be preloaded with all the games we've seen a million times on collections like KOF 94, Art of Fighting, Magician Lord, etc... I'll pass.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Does this mean they will be re-printing AES carts too?