The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Maybe a good toy to buy your kids to perhaps spark an interest in games of your youth.

Games become kind of a culture in a way... it’s sad to see young folks losing interest in many of the games/companies that have existed. Gaming has become devoid of character and rather featureless compared to how it was in the 80s and 90s... the death of Nintendo Power magazine was a milestone.. for me at least...

It would be nice if SNK decided to revive its consumer sector fully, and produce video game hardware... probably not the high end AES of the 90s but maybe they’d find their own niche... perhaps a nice handheld with clicky stock, and cellular functionality... an SNK version of the Nokia NGage but modern...

They could ease their way back into the hardware market with small cheap devices such as these..

I wish they’d make this NEO•GEO mini capable of playing other games..

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I am really fucking tired of the theme youtubers have with having shelves full of videogame shit behind them like it makes them an authority on everything gaming.
They just want to be able to show their collection. So as long as the channel is good, and they're not just using it to try to look more authoritative, then I don't mind. But I think we agree in the sense that most channels that have shelves in the background are usually just someone opining pointlessly about the recent news with a clickbait-y title.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It's funny, when I had 2 complete sets (Saturn, 32X), I'd get asked all sorts of questions. I was more a fool with money than a Sega historian to be truthful.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
(still can't see notification, whiteout, may have to try another browser?)
while there's NO accounting for the real deal, i'm for as near perfect alternatives, such as xbox original, ps3 and computer based emulators in the interim.
SNK gets around as it should, various relz for various platforms, why deprive myself the opportunity to enjoy the great library on other means?
not sure about the subject, won't critique it.
as real hardware is near impossible to procure (a1200 expansion cards anybody?) who am i to stand in the way of possible alternatives? :D
to reiterate, xbox original and a ps3 will set you right, and a computer should you choose....
buy the games for whatever platform is catered for.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Maybe a good toy to buy your kids to perhaps spark an interest in games of your youth.

Games become kind of a culture in a way... it’s sad to see young folks losing interest in many of the games/companies that have existed. Gaming has become devoid of character and rather featureless compared to how it was in the 80s and 90s... the death of Nintendo Power magazine was a milestone.. for me at least...

It would be nice if SNK decided to revive its consumer sector fully, and produce video game hardware... probably not the high end AES of the 90s but maybe they’d find their own niche... perhaps a nice handheld with clicky stock, and cellular functionality... an SNK version of the Nokia NGage but modern...

They could ease their way back into the hardware market with small cheap devices such as these..

SNK did that once and failed with handheld devices. Software and hardware was good back then, but Nintendo owns the handheld market.
Why should SNK do gaming smartphones ? I would say that makes no sense.
In booth cases it will be a big loss for them.

If you look for a Neo-Geo Mini that plays more then Neo-Geo games head over to pimoroni.com and get youself a Picade. Just be sure you also get Seimitsu arcade parts from somewhere else too.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate

There is obviously some trolling here.

neogeomini3.png

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
There is obviously some trolling here.

neogeomini3.png

Nowai. It's legit. World Heroes and KoF94 are such good games they need to appear in the list 3 times - just to let you know how good they are! All hail SNK!

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire

Took a good look at that besides the clear fact the repeated the same few games over and over. they even got the names listed under the pictures wrong. the very first picture at the top of last blade says its metal slug.then the picture of metal slug says its sam show, world heroes says art of fighting under it. its all kinds of screwed up. very poorly done Photoshop and definitely not done by someone who knows Japanese.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Took a good look at that besides the clear fact the repeated the same few games over and over. they even got the names listed under the pictures wrong. the very first picture at the top of last blade says its metal slug.then the picture of metal slug says its sam show, world heroes says art of fighting under it. its all kinds of screwed up. very poorly done Photoshop and definitely not done by someone who knows Japanese.

I'm thinking this is just a packaging sample with junk text as a placeholder until the final packaging is selected.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Lol, you mad bro?
Simplistic idiot would be a better forum name for you.

Madman just loves to follow me wherever I go around here it seems

I try to act fucking normal and he spams me

Fucker tries to act cool because he’s behind a keyboard.. I wonder if he’d mock my every word in person, too.

Anyway I’m not trying to derail this thread. Carry on.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Madman just loves to follow me wherever I go around here it seems

I try to act fucking normal and he spams me

Fucker tries to act cool because he’s behind a keyboard.. I wonder if he’d mock my every word in person, too.

lmboroflz we got an Internet tough guy here, brah!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
He has transformed from Fleece Johnson back to Skankhunt42.

Screenshot_20180508-165548.jpg

Last edited: