The Neo Geo mini is coming...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
These gimmicks are for people who don't own a Neo Geo...or ever did.

This is a fair point. Especially taking into consideration that they completely switched around the button layout on the unit and controller, it’s hard to deny that this was a toy aimed at newcomers and just functional desk-candy for longtime fans.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
This is a fair point. Especially taking into consideration that they completely switched around the button layout on the unit and controller, it’s hard to deny that this was a toy aimed at newcomers and just functional desk-candy for longtime fans.

I would get stoked about it every couple weeks. I'd look at pics or videos and see what the gamelist is...then I would SNAP THE FUCK OUT OF IT and realize I have all the games on my Neo SD and AES system. I shake my head for a second and let out a sigh of relief.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I can't believe the Neo Geo mini is up on Amazon and I really don't give a shit. The chinese garbage looks more entertaining at this point honestly - but that is a pass as well.

Feeling the same here.

Eventually some chinese clone will get it right with a proper micro-switched stick, 4:3 screen and just like the one posted before, able to run most of the famous arcade platforms like capcom CPS-1,2,3, Neo Geo, etc...

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Yeah, I´ll stick to MVS too.
I´ve been wanting to build an Odroid console for portability reasons, and even a CRT MAME build for other arcades at some point but this NeoGeo Mini seems more like a cool collectible and nothing else.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I can't believe the Neo Geo mini is up on Amazon and I really don't give a shit. The chinese garbage looks more entertaining at this point honestly - but that is a pass as well.

Nah, I have a Neo and I'd still want this if the stick and buttons were good and it had an internal battery. And I'd like a screen larger than a smartphone, but oh well.

Pierre

n00b
Back on the Switch ACA Neo games subject for a minute, if there are any other expat Switch owners out there, I know the physical games are region free, but is it possible to buy a Switch in Japan but have a US account for buying games online? We're planning to move back to the US around the end of this year (hopefully, if everyone's visas come through) and I don't want to be stuck with a Switch I can't buy any more digital games for. The other option is waiting until after the move to buy the system, but that goes against my instant gratification nature.

Yep it's entirely possible. You can buy a Japanese Switch and then simply create a US eShop account on the console. The opposite is also possible, of course (i.e. Japanese account on US console).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nah, I have a Neo and I'd still want this if the stick and buttons were good and it had an internal battery. And I'd like a screen larger than a smartphone, but oh well.

Southtownkid: [babbling and struggling]

oliclaude: Shut up,

[pause]

oliclaude: just shut up.

[Pause, with tears in his eyes]

oliclaude: You had me at "nah". You had me at "nah".

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So anyone buying the International Version? I don't want this thing but at the same time I'm a sucker for Neo Stuff. Plus Amazon makes it so easy. Worst case scenario it stays sitting on my desk and I mess with it every once and awhile for shits and gigs.

I have it on Pre-Order with two controllers.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So anyone buying the International Version? I don't want this thing but at the same time I'm a sucker for Neo Stuff. Plus Amazon makes it so easy. Worst case scenario it stays sitting on my desk and I mess with it every once and awhile for shits and gigs.

This is legit official shit. Not some licensed permission handheld ladyboy. You love the NEOGEO, just having the boxes in your pad and gazing upon them will give you the good time vibes. Once again, you will have something most pissant faggors won't even know what it is and once again the question will be asked...."what's neo-geo", hahaha you fucking idiots! - you can give them a taste of the greatest fucking system ever created by man. If you don't have friends then you can plug a little ass power brick to it giving it some charge while you're in bed and its on your belly and get some fucking Last Resort blaster action before bed. Fuck yeah!

So you know what the fuck is up:
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/neogeomini/

Last edited:

24-bit

Kuroko's Training Dummy
facebook has rumors about amazon selling out the international version. I have 2 pre ordered, but I haven't heard. anyone have info?

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Im definitely tempted, doesnt look like they ship to Canada though. Also adding the two controllers makes it a fairly expensive toy for what it is.

Would be great to take on airplane,

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Sup SouthtownKid! My copy arrived in the mail, and as you’ve said, there wasn’t a whole lot to the book. The history section is very brief and it’s clear that the guide is only meant to serve as a small companion to the neogeo mini itself (it only covers some of the fighting games featured in the unit). At less than $15 I wasn’t too disappointed though; the guide is comparable to the older neogeo and neogeo cd mini guidebooks released back in the 90’s.

I too was a bit disappointed in the book, i thought it was going to have many pictures plus some artwork but 95 percent of it is just move lists

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have no idea why I purchased the Neo Mini. Now it is sitting up there on the shelves, still sealed. :(

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Im definitely tempted, doesnt look like they ship to Canada though. Also adding the two controllers makes it a fairly expensive toy for what it is.

Would be great to take on airplane,
You would have to also buy some kind of external power supply if you want to take it anywhere. Bafflingly, it has no battery.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have no idea why I purchased the Neo Mini. Now it is sitting up there on the shelves, still sealed. :(

Flip that retarded bullshit.

Why haven't you tried it yet?

Why bother? He already knows what Neo Geo games are like. He just has to imagine them on a tiny screen, with shitty controls, and shitty emulation. Or on a large screen with ridiculously bad image quality, shitty controls, and shitty emulation.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Why bother? He already knows what Neo Geo games are like. He just has to imagine them on a tiny screen, with shitty controls, and shitty emulation. Or on a large screen with ridiculously bad image quality, shitty controls, and shitty emulation.

Word, just cancelled my pre-order. I rather just use that money towards the Switch Neo Games that I want and use that as my Portable Neo.

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Precisely, I have bought it because it is an official snk product. It's is meant to sit pretty on a shelf.

BTW, the joypad is shit.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Eh, I think it looks ok. I'm at least going to give it a shot, then let it take its rightful place in its box next to the rest of the mini reissue consoles.