The Neo Geo mini is coming...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
To make the NeoGeo Mini a Christmas Ed. and not just a Holiday Edition is a marketing misstep. It shouldn't have any association with any particular religious belief.
You're missing the bigger picture that no one anywhere asked for ANY holiday-themed version ever.

Meanwhile, they had the opportunity to do the Big Red version that thousands of consumers DID ask for, and they missed it. Came really close, but not quite.

Also, someone on twitter brought up the point that the buttons and top of the joystick on both the unit itself and the controllers are gold. Gold plastic has a history of becoming brittle over time to the point it shatters at the merest touch. Grown men who collect children's toys call this phenomenon "GPS", or Gold Plastic Syndrome. I have no idea if the riddle of gold plastic has been solved in the past however many years, but it's something to consider.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So has thing been hacked yet or not?

Also that Xmas one is fucking hideous. Game list is pretty good tho...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
To make the NeoGeo Mini a Christmas Ed. and not just a Holiday Edition is a marketing misstep. It shouldn't have any association with any particular religious belief.

It's barely a religious holiday outside the bible thumping USA.

You think Japan associates Xmas with Jesus? Nope, it's about chubby Americans buying stuff they can't afford.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I got the Neo Geo Mini. I think it’s overpriced and should at least have a built in battery. And why the fuck did they mess with the button placement? And the controllers were cheapened.
Despite all that it still looks fucking rad on my coffee table.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I got the Neo Geo Mini. I think it’s overpriced and should at least have a built in battery. And why the fuck did they mess with the button placement? And the controllers were cheapened.

We only mentioned every thing you brought up like a million times in this thread. We are now on the 39th page.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member

you are the definition of a chump. do you have a framed Nintendo Power #1 hanging up in your Man Cave as well? Maybe 20 or so Pop! figures that you bought at your local retro store?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
you are the definition of a chump. do you have a framed Nintendo Power #1 hanging up in your Man Cave as well? Maybe 20 or so Pop! figures that you bought at your local retro store?

I thoroughly enjoyed that word painting.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
It looks like SNK themselves have scalped this item out of my hands; scarcity (15,000 units worldwide) + $ (about $190.00) is too deterring. I guess I should thank SNK for saving me $.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/1063349873397792769

Maybe in the future we'll get a proper AES Gold mini called the 100 Mega Shock Edition with 100 preloaded games in a cart-style clam-shell carry-case, SNES classic HDMI quality, and Neo-Geo Pad with classic button placement.

Also, a limited Neo-Geo Mini AES x Akira 2019 Red Color themed edition next year would be neat. I know Akira has only influenced SNK with games like Last Resort and KOF 2001, etc. but as Akira takes place in 2019 this would be a cool collaboration. How cool would it be to have the box this would come in adorned with NG characters illustrated by Katsuhiro Otomo? I'm thinking a package illustration similar to the PC Engine Shuttle.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
It looks like SNK themselves have scalped this item out of my hands; scarcity (15,000 units worldwide) + $ (about $190.00) is too deterring. I guess I should thank SNK for saving me $.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/1063349873397792769

Maybe in the future we'll get a proper AES Gold mini called the 100 Mega Shock Edition with 100 preloaded games in a cart-style clam-shell carry-case, SNES classic HDMI quality, and Neo-Geo Pad with classic button placement.

Also, a limited Neo-Geo Mini AES x Akira 2019 Red Color themed edition next year would be neat. I know Akira has only influenced SNK with games like Last Resort and KOF 2001, etc. but as Akira takes place in 2019 this would be a cool collaboration. How cool would it be to have the box this would come in adorned with NG characters illustrated by Katsuhiro Otomo? I'm thinking a package illustration similar to the PC Engine Shuttle.

Why stop there? Let's get Stephen Spielberg involved as well (there were SNK characters in his movie "Ready Player 1"). Heck, why not also get Capcom on board and have them also make a CPS2 mini, but with the capability to do link-up play with the Neo Geo mini for some real crossover tag battles!? Only then could we unlock Sylvie's special KO where her top comes off when she falls in the water. Fuck, let's go the full 10 yards... ROTs nipples embossed on the inside of the Neo Geo/Capcom mini and only the hackers (like Bendover Heckendorn) who open the case will be rewarded with that special special fanservice.

Come on man... Let the creative juices fly (wear goggles)!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I love Ben Heck's hacks but he has not been doing them like he did in the past; this is a nice return to form. I think he is working with multiple companies now so it takes away from awesomeness like this.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yeah, it’s nice to see Ben going back to what he does best... not a bad looking little project.

bwi

20 Year Member
Make the control board into a pcb and release the 3d printing files and id be over this like a cheap suit :)

Tarexmd

n00b
Is there any hope the NeoGeo Mini will be hacked? I want attract modes to start automatically and cycle between the roms, like the actual cabinet. I don't want to manually have to choose every rom.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is there any hope the NeoGeo Mini will be hacked? I want attract modes to start automatically and cycle between the roms, like the actual cabinet. I don't want to manually have to choose every rom.

Yea, someone will eventually hack it but who cares?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member